which are the holidays of your country???

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

cpalenciac

which are the holidays of your country???

Post by cpalenciac »

HI!!! I'm carol and I live in Costa Rica. Costa Rica has someone holidays as May 1st. Labor day, April 11th. Juan Santamaria, July 25th. Guanacaste day , September 15th Independence day (these are because the people commemorated and remembered a national and tradition day of the history from Costa Rica). August 15th. Mother's day. These are some holidays of Costa Rica, but I would like to know what holidays to celebrate in your country??? please reply me, which are?? thanks, i wait your reply ;-) ...
EricPine

Re: which are the holidays of your country???

Post by EricPine »

The same as yours :lol:

Well, all I know from other countries are July 4th and it ends there, so I'd be glad if someone could expand my horizons... also, what do you do in those days? Do something that's different to what you do all days?

For example in Guanacaste's Annexation Day people uses hats from Guanacaste and eat typical meals, you do that things where you live?
lyphan

Post by lyphan »

I'm Vietnamese.
There so many holidays and special events in my country, but the most important and longest is lunar new year holiday which is called Tet Nguyen Dan. It is long traditional festival of Vietnamese people. According to the lunar calendar, Tet starts on the first day of the first lunar month and the first season of the new year. It is a good opportunity for people come back to their homeland for a family reunion. No matter wherever they are or whatever the circumstances, Whenever Tet comes, people have a sense of nostalgia, so they usually come back home to gather with their family members. Tet is also a good chance to meet friends, relations to give a happy new year wish for each other.
Before Tet, everyone is in a rush to get a haircut, to buy new cloth, to redecorate their house, to prepare traditional cakes, fresh fruit, food and flower, to settle outstanding debts... with a hope that the new year will bring everything new and nice.
Wherever you are, you have square rice cakes,five- fruit -tray, orange sticky rice for Tet.
It is a long tradition of people here that containing their conception of life. If you interest, I'll show you with pleasure.
If you are about to visit Vietnam, don't hesitate. And I strongly recommend you that joining Tet holiday is wonderful.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

Many many many!!!
Xmas, Easterm, Carnival, July 24th( Our Liberator was born), December 17th( his death), April 19th, July 5ht ( Venezuela Independency)... and some other ones!!