EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Travelling tips?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Travelling tips?

Postby MaryIrons » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:33 am

I am very embarrassed thinking that what he might do in the flight since he is very active we are going with the family members and i want some travelling tips from your side if you give me some suggestion or tips...
MaryIrons
Silver Member

Re: Travelling tips?

Postby Cobyrussell » Fri May 02, 2014 6:34 am

* Explain safety and security procedures, rules and instructions
* Instruct your children to cooperate with airport security officials
* Tell your children not to make jokes or false threats about security issues
* Your children should be in approved child safety seats if they require them. The requirements for child safety seats in cars also apply to airplanes.
* Check on requirements for strollers, diaper bags, and other baby and child equipment.
Cobyrussell

Postby Robertjack » Tue May 13, 2014 10:22 am

I have great passion in travelling around the beautiful attractions and often in travel. Here I want to share 10 tips for better travel.
1. Update Your Packing List
2. Don’t forget your camera and its charger.
3. Don’t pack clothes that require ironing.
4. Travel Bags with wheels are amazing.
5. Eat like a local
6. Keep your Pet Calm during a Flight
7. Learn How to Avoid the Crowds
8. Know the Rules
9. Get the Best Deal on a Hotel
10. Avoid Lost Luggage
I am very excited because I am going to visit Niagara falls by bus to niagara falls from boston.
Robertjack
Silver Member

Postby sallycarter » Fri May 23, 2014 6:14 am

I think you should learn the basic phrases in each of the languages - carry phrasebooks or dictionaries, anything that might be helpful in understanding the other languages. In the common and mainstream travel sites there will likely be English signs and translations, but if you travel out of those zones, you're pretty much screwed. It sucks when you can't really speak to anyone and are just left to enjoy the scenery - the travel experience is always much better when you get to talk to the locals. And try not to travel by train at night. Trains are a common form of transportation in Eastern Europe. However, in Poland, I wouldn't recommend boarding one for the overnight ride. You might be robbed while asleep.
sallycarter

Postby Robertjack » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:27 pm

I agree with sallycarter! To learn basic phrases in each of the languages is good; but at least you should be able to speak English if you are going for international tourism. Because it's the common and international language and spoken almost in every country.
I am very excited because I am going to visit Niagara falls by bus to niagara falls from boston.
Robertjack
Silver Member

Postby gladys » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:57 am

Same here i agree that you need to explain the safety stuff and the fact that they should enjoy travelling cause as an traveler i always enjoy the place ,the hotel specially the last hotel that i seen at http://www.langvik.fi/ where it is really cool there.
gladys

Return to Adventure & Travel