EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Bullying in school??What do you think about it??

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby MissLT » Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:09 am

gill wrote:bullying? never experienced it. is that such a problem? hmm, one would expect some society level... but seems theres nothing like that out there...

My brother got beaten up by black kids. I and my cousins are planning to teach them a lesson.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby illusion » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:28 am

i guess bullying in my school never took place and I'm glad that no one got hurt but there is also mental bullying. Like you know people in your school refuse to talk to you or they just call your names. My online friend used to deal with that kind of bullying and because of that she had to see the therapist ever week and her level of self-esteem got really low... it's sad how other people act when they don't like someone. Even if we're not fond of that person, we shouldn't show him or her our disrespect...
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby ProfessorVerb » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:34 am

Clearly, there are very pretty women in Poland...

Postby Shazzam » Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:56 am

LennyeTran wrote:
gill wrote:bullying? never experienced it. is that such a problem? hmm, one would expect some society level... but seems theres nothing like that out there...

My brother got beaten up by black kids. I and my cousins are planning to teach them a lesson.

How are you going to teach them a lesson? :?
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Danyet » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:11 am

LennyeTran wrote: I and my cousins are planning to teach them a lesson.
This is good. It brings a slight smile to my face and gladness to my heart. Revenge can be a noble cause. At least that is what the Vikings believed, before the missionaries ruined them.

Running away, as authorityquery suggested, is only going to make you a bully's favorite play toy. One should learn to protect ones self and family. Myself? Today I spent my morning practicing how to get away from an attacker by taking his hand, breaking his thumb as I drive my arm past it in order to strike with my fingers into his temple, cheek, ear or eye, then breaking the elbow as his head is forced into the ground, studying martial arts.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Shazzam » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:16 am

danyet wrote:
LennyeTran wrote: I and my cousins are planning to teach them a lesson.
This is good. It brings a slight smile to my face and gladness to my heart. Revenge can be a noble cause. At least that is what the Vikings believed, before the missionaries ruined them.

Running away, as authorityquery suggested, is only going to make you a bully's favorite play toy. One should learn to protect ones self and family. Myself? Today I spent my morning practicing how to get away from an attacker by taking his hand, breaking his thumb as I drive my arm past it in order to strike with my fingers into his temple, cheek, ear or eye, then breaking the elbow as his head is forced into the ground, studying martial arts.

My god how violent! :roll:

I dealt (and so did my younger brother) bullying at school. We didn't need to resort to breaking peoples limbs :roll: . You are a bully as well if you resort to those sorts of methods.

My brothers both had some fights with people at school. In those days no one worried about their son coming home with a black eye after a punch up; and things usually settled down.

I think the person that is being bullied should be the one that deals with the person. However, if there is more than one (a group of bullies; attacking one person) families obviously do need to get involved; but I don't think a full on street war is going to do anyone any good; usually it makes things worse (the cycle of retaliation never finishes).

In my day if there was a group bullying one person; parents discussed it with other parents.

It is so sad that we are encouraging young people to take matters into their own hands; and not confide in their parents for help.
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Danyet » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:37 am

shazzam1452 wrote:
It is so sad that we are encouraging young people to take matters into their own hands; and not confide in their parents for help.

What on Earth are you talking about? In my day we never involved our parents in our schoolyard fights. We always took care of buisiness when needed reguardless of teachers and parents. And that is how it should be. It is part of growing up. Getting teachers and parents involved in the affairs of schoolboys will only produce a crop of spoiled and selfish girly-men.

P.S. Of course my style of martial art is violent. It is supposed to be. My instructor taught Norweigian Police departments. And there are no bullies studying this with me. Only the kind of people you would hope for, to come to your aid, if you needed such.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Admiral » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:57 am

Fighting is the best way to deal with bulliers.
If one wants to bully you, go ahead and hit him.
If you know that you will loose, then do some training.
As long as you are not frightened of anything, you will win the fight.
Admiral

Postby Shazzam » Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:54 pm

danyet wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote:

What on Earth are you talking about? In my day we never involved our parents in our schoolyard fights. We always took care of buisiness when needed reguardless of teachers and parents. And that is how it should be. It is part of growing up. Getting teachers and parents involved in the affairs of schoolboys will only produce a crop of spoiled and selfish girly-men.

P.S. Of course my style of martial art is violent. It is supposed to be. My instructor taught Norweigian Police departments. And there are no bullies studying this with me. Only the kind of people you would hope for, to come to your aid, if you needed such.

Maybe you should spend a little more time on your comprehension and read my post with a little more time taken! :roll: Taking fragments of a post to prosecute isn't ideal. :roll: :roll: :idea:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:36 am

shazzam1452 wrote: How are you going to teach them a lesson? :?

We told him to walk alone on the street as a bait, and we were following him in the car. However, those kids didn't show up. Maybe they knew better not to show up.
Anyway, it was a long time ago. I wouldn't see the messages of this topic if I didn't come to check it.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions