EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Who is your idol?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Who is your idol?

Postby Arale » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:01 pm

Who is your idol in life? My idol is my Grandmom. She was the most wonderful woman in the world, at least in my eyes. I learnt many good things from her life and I know, though how hard I try, I can't fully understand why she was so great like that. I no longer can live with her but her image is always in my mind and heart. I try to live a good life like her. I know I'm a happy girl because I had a wonderful time living with her. Time can't fade my childhood's beautiful memories. :wink:

_Arale_
Last edited by Arale on Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby idalia » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:13 am

My parents :wink: (specially my dad) :roll: Please don't tell my mother she might feel upset :oops:
idalia
Platinum Member

Postby MissLT » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:29 am

Every single person in my family (well, exept one person, but I ain't going there.)
My grandma: she's the string that ties all people in the family together. She's the one who makes us feel family always comes first, and you can't choose anyone over a family member.
My mom: she's gone through a lot in her life. What she has done for my grandma and us earns the respect of everyone who knows her.
My uncle: the most generous and intelligent person I have ever come across.
My other uncles and aunts: they're my moms and dads.
My siblings and cousins: two simple words, my world.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby illusion » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:51 pm

I don't believe in Idols... I mean it's cool to have one but I'm just the kind of person who actually admire a lot people but don't have any particular idol. I find it ok with me. I used to fancy Bono from U2 for what he did about the poverty and charity stuff and his music but in the end it faded away. I guess my family isn't good enough for me to find an idol there. I love them, but I want to be better than them. It's not that I am so fond of myself or something. But the whole thing with having and idol is a bit funny for me. It reminds me of all these little girls who want to be just like Britney Spears... or I dunno Avril Lavigne... The most important thing is to don't forget to be the way you are... just the way you are...
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Re: Who is your idol?

Postby me&myself » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:12 am

Arale wrote:Who is your idol in life? My idol is my Grandmom. She was the most wonderful woman in the world, at least in my eyes. I learnt many good things from her life and I know, though how hard I try, I can't fully understand why she was so great like that. I no longer can live with her but her image is always in my mind and heart. I try to live a good life like her. I know I'm a happy girl because I had a wonderful time living with her. Time can't fade my childhood's beautiful memories. :wink:

_Arale_

my idol is my grandmom too,she's always happy,and very learned person.i love the time i spend with her,she always tells me histories about her life,the war...etc i'm very lucky to have my grandmom,its the better person who i meet in my life.for me is an angel!
me&myself
Silver Member

Postby Dixie » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:26 am

illusion wrote:I don't believe in Idols... I mean it's cool to have one but I'm just the kind of person who actually admire a lot people but don't have any particular idol. I find it ok with me. I used to fancy Bono from U2 for what he did about the poverty and charity stuff and his music but in the end it faded away. I guess my family isn't good enough for me to find an idol there. I love them, but I want to be better than them. It's not that I am so fond of myself or something. But the whole thing with having and idol is a bit funny for me. It reminds me of all these little girls who want to be just like Britney Spears... or I dunno Avril Lavigne... The most important thing is to don't forget to be the way you are... just the way you are...

Illusion, that's the same for me. I don't have an idol, either. Not even a family member. I don't even think about that. And, just like you, I do love my family, but I wanna be better than them too. I don't wanna be like somebody else. I wanna be just me.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby trinity19 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:13 am

i have a few persons that have "marked" me in some way, but i wouldn't call them idols cuz it doesn't mean i want to be like them. these people are mainly my father and a teacher i had last year, he wasn't only a teacher, he was an educator and he really showed me a lot of things about life. and yes, i have/had "idols" in music cuz they write things that make me think and i identify a lot with them but they have always deceived me :(
trinity19
Silver Member

Postby DEMA » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:46 am

hiiiiii
.........of cource my mom,because she is a great woman .
DEMA
Silver Member

Postby leen@rasel » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:44 pm

an idol to me is not a person that i try to be just like him,a versionof him, but a person who i think is a good or maybe a perfect one , so the idea is that i just try to follow his steps in being a good guy or to follow his steps in order to succeed in a certain job and not to have the same opinions or thoughts,,no one want to be a version of the other, each one of ushas his own characterand his own point of view ,so i should say that my idol is both my dad and mom
leen@rasel
Gold Member

Postby authorityquery » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:11 pm

My parents are my idol
I love them very much, they have taught me many good things, they create a good life for me, and so on.
They taught me how to overcome difficulties ,and solve any problems.
Thanks.
MTV i like most wanted
authorityquery
Gold Member

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions