EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Who is your idol?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Who is your idol?

Postby Arale » Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:01 pm

Who is your idol in life? My idol is my Grandmom. She was the most wonderful woman in the world, at least in my eyes. I learnt many good things from her life and I know, though how hard I try, I can't fully understand why she was so great like that. I no longer can live with her but her image is always in my mind and heart. I try to live a good life like her. I know I'm a happy girl because I had a wonderful time living with her. Time can't fade my childhood's beautiful memories. :wink:

_Arale_
Last edited by Arale on Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby idalia » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:13 am

My parents :wink: (specially my dad) :roll: Please don't tell my mother she might feel upset :oops:
idalia
Platinum Member

Postby MissLT » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:29 am

Every single person in my family (well, exept one person, but I ain't going there.)
My grandma: she's the string that ties all people in the family together. She's the one who makes us feel family always comes first, and you can't choose anyone over a family member.
My mom: she's gone through a lot in her life. What she has done for my grandma and us earns the respect of everyone who knows her.
My uncle: the most generous and intelligent person I have ever come across.
My other uncles and aunts: they're my moms and dads.
My siblings and cousins: two simple words, my world.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby illusion » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:51 pm

I don't believe in Idols... I mean it's cool to have one but I'm just the kind of person who actually admire a lot people but don't have any particular idol. I find it ok with me. I used to fancy Bono from U2 for what he did about the poverty and charity stuff and his music but in the end it faded away. I guess my family isn't good enough for me to find an idol there. I love them, but I want to be better than them. It's not that I am so fond of myself or something. But the whole thing with having and idol is a bit funny for me. It reminds me of all these little girls who want to be just like Britney Spears... or I dunno Avril Lavigne... The most important thing is to don't forget to be the way you are... just the way you are...
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Re: Who is your idol?

Postby me&myself » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:12 am

Arale wrote:Who is your idol in life? My idol is my Grandmom. She was the most wonderful woman in the world, at least in my eyes. I learnt many good things from her life and I know, though how hard I try, I can't fully understand why she was so great like that. I no longer can live with her but her image is always in my mind and heart. I try to live a good life like her. I know I'm a happy girl because I had a wonderful time living with her. Time can't fade my childhood's beautiful memories. :wink:

_Arale_

my idol is my grandmom too,she's always happy,and very learned person.i love the time i spend with her,she always tells me histories about her life,the war...etc i'm very lucky to have my grandmom,its the better person who i meet in my life.for me is an angel!
me&myself
Silver Member

Postby Dixie » Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:26 am

illusion wrote:I don't believe in Idols... I mean it's cool to have one but I'm just the kind of person who actually admire a lot people but don't have any particular idol. I find it ok with me. I used to fancy Bono from U2 for what he did about the poverty and charity stuff and his music but in the end it faded away. I guess my family isn't good enough for me to find an idol there. I love them, but I want to be better than them. It's not that I am so fond of myself or something. But the whole thing with having and idol is a bit funny for me. It reminds me of all these little girls who want to be just like Britney Spears... or I dunno Avril Lavigne... The most important thing is to don't forget to be the way you are... just the way you are...

Illusion, that's the same for me. I don't have an idol, either. Not even a family member. I don't even think about that. And, just like you, I do love my family, but I wanna be better than them too. I don't wanna be like somebody else. I wanna be just me.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby trinity19 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:13 am

i have a few persons that have "marked" me in some way, but i wouldn't call them idols cuz it doesn't mean i want to be like them. these people are mainly my father and a teacher i had last year, he wasn't only a teacher, he was an educator and he really showed me a lot of things about life. and yes, i have/had "idols" in music cuz they write things that make me think and i identify a lot with them but they have always deceived me :(
trinity19
Silver Member

Postby DEMA » Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:46 am

hiiiiii
.........of cource my mom,because she is a great woman .
DEMA
Silver Member

Postby leen@rasel » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:44 pm

an idol to me is not a person that i try to be just like him,a versionof him, but a person who i think is a good or maybe a perfect one , so the idea is that i just try to follow his steps in being a good guy or to follow his steps in order to succeed in a certain job and not to have the same opinions or thoughts,,no one want to be a version of the other, each one of ushas his own characterand his own point of view ,so i should say that my idol is both my dad and mom
leen@rasel
Gold Member

Postby authorityquery » Sun Sep 04, 2005 2:11 pm

My parents are my idol
I love them very much, they have taught me many good things, they create a good life for me, and so on.
They taught me how to overcome difficulties ,and solve any problems.
Thanks.
MTV i like most wanted
authorityquery
Gold Member

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions