EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Who is your idol?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby Yen » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:38 am

My sister is my idol ..She's know and great everything (cook, nail, draw, good student)
...... :cry: :cry: and I don't great everything
Yen
Silver Member

Postby illusion » Sun Sep 11, 2005 12:03 pm

Dixie wrote:
illusion wrote:I don't believe in Idols... I mean it's cool to have one but I'm just the kind of person who actually admire a lot people but don't have any particular idol. I find it ok with me. I used to fancy Bono from U2 for what he did about the poverty and charity stuff and his music but in the end it faded away. I guess my family isn't good enough for me to find an idol there. I love them, but I want to be better than them. It's not that I am so fond of myself or something. But the whole thing with having and idol is a bit funny for me. It reminds me of all these little girls who want to be just like Britney Spears... or I dunno Avril Lavigne... The most important thing is to don't forget to be the way you are... just the way you are...

Illusion, that's the same for me. I don't have an idol, either. Not even a family member. I don't even think about that. And, just like you, I do love my family, but I wanna be better than them too. I don't wanna be like somebody else. I wanna be just me.

hehe looks like we're kind of similar hehe :)
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:10 pm

illusion wrote:hehe looks like we're kind of similar hehe :)

Maybe you're my lost sister! :D
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby phucauto3 » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:58 am

I think I like some people. I like the his or her way of life, I like his character, his tallent...But I don't have Idol..
phucauto3
Gold Member

Postby TearHere » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:17 am

i don't have idoLs nor do i believe in 'em:roll: .. since they're defined as an image used as an object of worship or false god.

i definitely don't worship anybody except my God...

i instead have inspirations/or roLe modeLs as far as the topic is concerned...

and i am bound in the belief that i am myseLf..
i can be influenced by other people but i get to decide if i'd want to be influenced by them..which makes me just the way i want myself to be...

my mom is my roLe-modeL.. i wouLd love to foLLow her positive asPects.. :wink:
TearHere
Gold Member

Postby hedwig14 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 4:31 am

tearHERE5189 wrote:my mom is my roLe-modeL.. i wouLd love to foLLow her positive asPects.. :wink:

reaLLy, h0w come you ch0se to have a career in nursing rather than in library science.. haha :lol: :lol:
hedwig14
Gold Member

Postby TearHere » Tue Sep 13, 2005 11:52 pm

hedwig14 wrote:
tearHERE5189 wrote:my mom is my roLe-modeL.. i wouLd love to foLLow her positive asPects.. :wink:

reaLLy, h0w come you ch0se to have a career in nursing rather than in library science.. haha :lol: :lol:

preciseLy my point dear.. :wink: making someone your roLe modeL doesn't mean foLLowing what he/she wants... i made the decision myself ..meaning..I foLLowed what I want..not what others want for me ...okei :?: :wink: :)

and oh.. i just foLLowed one of my mom's aspects that i reaLLy LoVE.. her being firm in decision makinG..i never thought i wouLd be this assertive.. :wink:
TearHere
Gold Member

Postby illusion » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:30 pm

Dixie wrote:
illusion wrote:hehe looks like we're kind of similar hehe :)

Maybe you're my lost sister! :D

heheh who knows? being and only child I've always dreamt of having an older sis or a bro...
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby pob » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:35 pm

tearHERE5189 wrote:i don't have idoLs nor do i believe in 'em:roll: .. since they're defined as an image used as an object of worship or false god.

i definitely don't worship anybody except my God...

3 idol,
someone who is adored blindly and excessively

Perhaps your God is and idol... do you really worship it??

I think anyone who has idols is stupid, any action made excessively involves a stupid behaviour... and as Forrest Gump says... :D
So check out if you people really have idols or only people you like a lot. :P
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
pob
Silver Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Sep 18, 2005 6:17 pm

tearHERE5189 wrote: preciseLy my point dear.. :wink: making someone your roLe modeL doesn't mean foLLowing what he/she wants... i made the decision myself ..meaning..I foLLowed what I want..not what others want for me ...okei :?: :wink: :)

:wink: Well said. To me, an idol is someone who you have all your respect, love, admiration, and maybe a path for you to follow if you're going on the wrong track of life like getting in trouble with the law and stuff. However, if you're a strong person who have your own will-power to be in charge of your life, your idol will just be someone who you love, respect, and admire for what that person has done in his or her life.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions