EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Internet grocery shopping! What do you think?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby shokin » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:25 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
shokin wrote: And if you simply don't like the product (which is even of good quality) ?

Read your question again, Shokin, I'm asking you. Does it sound anywhere near sensibility? Can you blame on people when you buy the products that you don't like even they're in good condition? If you think you can, I have no word to say. No word :roll: .


No, I would blame on myself.

But I've more chances to choose a product that I like IN a concrete shop (house) than on the web.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
User avatar
shokin
Polished Diamond Member
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Location: Switzerland
Status: English Learner

Postby MissLT » Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:42 pm

shokin wrote: No, I would blame on myself.

But I've more chances to choose a product that I like IN a concrete shop (house) than on the web.

Shokin

Okay darling, now since we're both on the same page, let's talk about what you're saying above. We're talking about grocery right now, okay. Well, for what I know, people don't just pick any type of food online. They do that in a grocery supermarket to try for new brand, etc.. The reason why is because I believe people are not that oblivious to realize that they can't try things online; therefore, they only choose what they're familiar with. Also, they only buy what they need in their fridge. Are you with me on this one?
Next, don't forget about pictures and descriptions. They're pretty much in details to let you know what the products are supposed to be like. They're doing the best they can to inform to you about the products. If you read them, have doubts, but still wanna try and then get disappointed later, I don't think you can blame on them. If you're suspicious about what you're buying, don't buy it. Internet services are mostly for convenience and maybe price, but not for something like you're asking for above. Human contact, conversation, blah blah blah, forget about all that stuff when you deal with stuff online. Things in life are not only black and white, there's a gray shade in between, and sometimes we stand in that gray shade once in awhile in our lives, I must remind you.
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby Shazzam » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:29 am

I think that internet shopping would benefit people that are homebound and have to rely on others (sick or elderly).

8)
User avatar
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1826
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 4:40 am
Location: Australia

Postby shokin » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:00 am

LennyeTran wrote:Next, don't forget about pictures and descriptions. They're pretty much in details to let you know what the products are supposed to be like. They're doing the best they can to inform to you about the products. If you read them, have doubts, but still wanna try and then get disappointed later, I don't think you can blame on them. If you're suspicious about what you're buying, don't buy it. Internet services are mostly for convenience and maybe price, but not for something like you're asking for above.


Pictures are often different from the reality, do you know ?

LennyeTran wrote:Human contact, conversation, blah blah blah, forget about all that stuff when you deal with stuff online. Things in life are not only black and white, there's a gray shade in between, and sometimes we stand in that gray shade once in awhile in our lives, I must remind you.


So I have to conclude that for you human contact has no importance, is useless ?

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
User avatar
shokin
Polished Diamond Member
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Location: Switzerland
Status: English Learner

Postby MissLT » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:12 pm

shazzam1452 wrote:I think that internet shopping would benefit people that are homebound and have to rely on others (sick or elderly).

8)

I think so, too.
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby MissLT » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:14 pm

Ok Shokin, I'm not gonna debate with you anymore in this topic since this is useless, okay. I do not wanna be rude, but your questions do seem to me that you just like to question even though sometimes they sound ridiculous. Whatever. I'll pass.
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby shokin » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:31 pm

Simply I am not "laxist".

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
User avatar
shokin
Polished Diamond Member
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Location: Switzerland
Status: English Learner

Postby manrat » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:35 pm

shazzam1452 wrote:I think that internet shopping would benefit people that are homebound and have to rely on others (sick or elderly).

8)


I agree. Sick, elderly or disabled people can benefit. I have friends who are blind. Unless someone else gives them a ride to the store, they sometimes just cannot go. If its close, they are able to go on their own and just walk but not every store is around the corner or the same city :wink:
So I asked them and they say that it is good to have the option to shop online. This may not be a priority and people prefer to go on their own and see first hand, but it is a possibility for those who need it.
manrat
Gold Member
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Sun May 22, 2005 6:06 pm
Location: Germany/USA
Status: English Learner

Postby MissLT » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:09 pm

shokin wrote:Simply I am not "laxist".

Shokin

Are you sure? Or you have it confused like you have with "price" and "value" that they can't be interchangeable under whatsoever phrases :roll: .
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Postby shokin » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:23 pm

Difference between price and value sounds you ridiculous ?

What I did not appreciate at all from you is the :

LennyeTran wrote:Human contact, conversation, blah blah blah, forget about all that stuff when you deal with stuff online.


Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
User avatar
shokin
Polished Diamond Member
 
Posts: 2135
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 11:32 pm
Location: Switzerland
Status: English Learner

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron