EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

hardest word to say...

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby Shazzam » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:09 pm

I think sorry is definately hard for alot of people to say because it means you have made a mistake and not many people like to admit that.

I would say that this is closely followed by I LOVE YOU. I think there are many reasons why people are frightened to say I love you: but mostly the fear of rejection; followed closely by the fear of commitment.
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Arale » Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:38 pm

hedwig14 wrote:what do you think "i'm happy" when you're not?
:( same old thing... we say we're happy even if we're not just to please people around us..

When you're not happy, just say 'I'm unhappy'. :wink: Well, but sometimes telling lie is better. :roll:
As for me, the hardest words to say are 'forgive me'. It means I made a terrible mistake that would hurt others. It's much harder when we want to say 'forgive me' but the person who we ever hurt has gone away. Hope not to have to say 'forgive me' in the rest of life.

_Arale_
Nothing lasts forever...
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby quicksilver » Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:09 am

In my opinion, say "love" it is the hardest word.
:roll: Maybe " sorry seems to be the hardest word" is Elton John's and now is Blue's :wink:
quicksilver
Gold Member

Postby MissLT » Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:32 am

Arale wrote: When you're not happy, just say 'I'm unhappy'. :wink: Well, but sometimes telling lie is better. :roll:
As for me, the hardest words to say are 'forgive me'. It means I made a terrible mistake that would hurt others. It's much harder when we want to say 'forgive me' but the person who we ever hurt has gone away. Hope not to have to say 'forgive me' in the rest of life.

_Arale_

Same thing as a sorry apology, but just to put it fancy :roll: .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby hedwig14 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:05 am

quicksilver7486 wrote:In my opinion, say "love" it is the hardest word.
:roll: Maybe " sorry seems to be the hardest word" is Elton John's and now is Blue's :wink:

love may not be a hard word for those people who takes love as just something unimportant or just for play sake.
though, for some instance, it is important for those people who love someone he's not suppose to love.
maybe it's also hard to say when you love him or you just think you do.
or it's hard when you love him but you also hate him. it's all part of the insanity you'll feel if you love, i guess. :wink:
hedwig14
Gold Member

Postby 123456 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:10 pm

quicksilver7486 wrote:In my opinion, say "love" it is the hardest word.

"love" is the hardes word to say because after saying that word he/she loses his/her freedom. :D :roll:
Gold Member

Postby Hardi » Fri Sep 09, 2005 2:21 pm

Haa! this is blackmail.

I LOVE YOU!!! If you want again free, then send me 10000000000 $.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:31 pm

My Philosophy teacher once told us, "if anyone tells you he/she loves you. Ask that person why. And if possible and fun, tell that person to make the whole list why that person loves you." He explained that the sentence I love you is so vague like other sentences out there; therefore, don't take words for granted since they could carry a million meanings. That's why politicians only make speeches during his term because he could say different thing as like, "I've never said it like that" or "You've misunderstood me..." blah blah blah.....
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby DeadDream » Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:09 pm

Hi!
its hard to say 'I love u', 'I miss u', 'Sorry', 'Good bye' for me. cause all of this sentences expresses human feels and privat emotions. i think most peolpe find it difficult.
Fight 4 your L!
DeadDream

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions