EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Why snake is enemy

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Why snake is enemy

Postby awrang » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:33 am

I heard that a snake is the biggest enemy of human being why people say like snake is just a creature and he never touch a body until he teased by someone or hit ... and why people extremly scaring from a snake what does snake have that poeple getting fear from it...???
Awrang Zaib Taraki
awrang
Silver Member

Postby Hardi » Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:27 am

In earlier times had snake good and magical meaning.. but seems that bible was what changed snakes meaning.... but its good meaning is not totally gone, yet is it left in ambulance emblem.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Re: Why snake is enemy

Postby Triumph » Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:50 am

awrang wrote:I heard that a snake is the biggest enemy of human being why people say like snake is just a creature and he never touch a body until he teased by someone or hit ... and why people extremly scaring from a snake what does snake have that poeple getting fear from it...???

Do you fear snake? What do snakes remind you, poison or death? :twisted: Snakes always play a dangerous and aggressive role in the story, in reality as well as most people think.
Your post reminds me a sence: a little girl carefully walked across a small snake with alternative black and white colour. Haha :lol: that's me . I wonder why I didn't run away immediately at that time. :roll:
Triumph
Gold Member

Re: Why snake is enemy

Postby Arale » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:06 pm

awrang wrote:I heard that a snake is the biggest enemy of human being why people say like snake is just a creature and he never touch a body until he teased by someone or hit ... and why people extremly scaring from a snake what does snake have that poeple getting fear from it...???

In bible, a green snake coaxed Eva into eating the banned apple. That was the reason why God was angry with human. I think the characters of snake, which are dangerous and poisonous made people create the above legend. However, snake should fear people rather than vice versa as people kill all animals.

_Arale_
Nothing lasts forever...
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Hardi » Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:49 pm

Usually u don't notice snake before u step on it.. probably is that why snake have guileful reputation.. I mean sometime peoples comparing some guileful/bad people with snake.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Danyet » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:23 pm

That is right! Snakes kill innocent people since days of old. They kill babies while they are peacefully playing. Why do you think that people are afraid of snakes?

Snakes found anywhere near my house must be killed. One must be vigilant in this or someone will be bitten. So far I have been lucky and only lost my dog and cat to snakes.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Shazzam » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:55 pm

danyet wrote:That is right! Snakes kill innocent people since days of old. They kill babies while they are peacefully playing. Why do you think that people are afraid of snakes?

Snakes found anywhere near my house must be killed. One must be vigilant in this or someone will be bitten. So far I have been lucky and only lost my dog and cat to snakes.

Isn't there also the age old story from the bible that the devil appears as a serpent (snake) on the tree of life to Adam and Eve. It is in this form that Satan tempted Eve.

This would add the perception of evil.

They're not exactly a cute and cuddly creature are they? :lol: :lol:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Return to Ideas and Opinions