EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Globalization

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Globalization

Postby PrettyMoon » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:44 am

Hi everybody,

I’m a new member :D of English Club. I join here to make new friends and to shear my ideas with you. I need to learn more English So if anyone notes a grammar or spilling mistake in my writing PLEASE let me know^_^

Today I have a question for you. If you do not mind late me know what is your answer. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT “GLOBALIZATION”?? IS IT A GOOD THING :) OR NOT :cry: ??

Some of us may thing that it is a good thing because it makes a great change in our life. And maybe others thing it has some negative impacts in our culture and believes. What about you? What do you think? :roll:

See your answer :idea: soon
Thanks for co-operation.

I changed your post's title. Hope it's ok. :wink:

_Arale_
Last edited by PrettyMoon on Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
PrettyMoon

Postby Hardi » Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:56 am

U mean "what do you think"

No different... for little ethnical groups can it be problem, but.. I don't know.

BTW. welcome to board.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby PrettyMoon » Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:24 am

Hi Hardi,

Thanks for correction. But I still need your opinion about Globalization ^_^

If you see around, you hardly can find things which did not change. When you use internet, eat from fast-food, wear different cloth or even when you think in different way than your parents do, don’t you think that is the global impact on you?? If so, do you think that globalization may have some negative effaces??

Let me know what you think about it ^_^

Thanks for co-operation.
PrettyMoon

Postby Hardi » Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:24 am

The life doesn't stand still. Important is know/remember own culture. But developement is important too... Not all peoples eat fastfood, I don't like fastfood. Seems that In my country are fastfood restaurants not successed. As far as I know, is in my town(which have 100 000 population) only one mc-tonalds restaurant. I don't know no one who likes to eat in MC. restaurant..

I don't see nothing baad, about Internet. Internet and other info tehnology things, are very successed here. U can pay car parking with cellphone, make teclaration of income(to pay taxes) over Internet... and so on.

Yet I think It's all same. I'ts always same, new things comes and some old things pass away. Good and worth things will stand for ever.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby PrettyMoon » Fri Sep 16, 2005 6:00 pm

SO, globalization doesn’t fit that mach to your country as mine. In my society, globalization enters our life in almost every thing.

Thanks for your reply.

I am looking for more replies … :wink:
PrettyMoon

Postby TearHere » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:46 am

for me.. change is ok..and much better if it is for the betterment of many... the way i look at globalization, i think it has different effects..

we are able to catch up to the technological world.. but there are still alot of countries that are not much technological.. like in my country.. we are considered a third world country( a country which is underdeveloped, *and strives to develop :roll: ). it would be hard to introduce globalization here.. but then, we remain to be traditional..in some ways or another.. although, we are bit by bit improving.. somehow..

anyways, that's just how i look at it.. it doesn't mean that this is the general truth though.. :wink: it's on the basis of my own opinion.. :)
When all else fails..don't stop.
TearHere
Gold Member

Postby hedwig14 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:11 am

Globalization could be both good and bad.

It's good for we could catch up with new technologies and therefore make our lives easier.
however, i would be hypocrite if i'll say that globalization does not have a "side-effect" in our lives.
because of globalization, our lives have beaome much more complicated. and our relationship with the people around us have become distant...
hedwig14
Gold Member

Postby pob » Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:58 pm

There is a lot of clever people trying to explain what it is globalization... how can you ask us if it is good or bad? :lol:
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
pob
Silver Member

Postby PrettyMoon » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:00 am

Hi tearHERE5189 AND hedwig14,

Thanks for replying, It is an interesting view for both of you. Each day, we become more and more dependent to the globalization in its different parts. It makes great change in people’s life. I meant by great changing the both sides of it.

I hope tearHERE5189 that Philippine to be one best country developed in few years. And I hope hedwig14 that globalization do not effect your relationship with your family and friends.

Hi pob,

I notes that each one of us see globalization in different way. Some people don’t like globalization “specially old people” and others like it. A lot of People may like globalization, but not all of them like it in same way. That what I want to know “different ideas about one thing”

:wink: Why don’t you want to be claver and tell as what you think about it ??? COME ON !!
PrettyMoon

Postby pob » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:13 am

But, what is Globalization?
When did it start?
Isn't just a word which means nothing concrete?

I can travel within EU without saying nobody anything. But for entering Rusia I needed to get a visa. Is that globalization?

How many people in poor countries and poor cities can get to the internet? Are they living within that globalization or outside it?

I see that in poor countries they have to work a lot of hours, they are less paid than here... is that globalization?

I see that in different countries there are different laws, some of those which violate the Human Rights... is that gloablization?

I see there is children in Brasil dealing drugs and killing each other... is that globalization?

You can buy Nike shoes for fifty times the ammount of money the worker in XXX is paid for doing that shoe... is that globalization?

How can I talk about something I don't know what it is? how can I like or dislike... and how can as well understand those who like or dilslike it? do they know what it is globalization?

:roll:
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
pob
Silver Member

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions