EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Globalization

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby Hardi » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:24 am

Only thing what I'm little worry about, is do estonian language alive. In computer/Internet Is much easier to use english... Some words are untranslatable. Some are in english just shorter or more quotable.. And in world u don't have nothing to do with this language anyway.
but good(gloat) is that english peoples are already lost own language to globalization... It's not their own language anymore It's a global language. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby PrettyMoon » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:02 am

Hi bop,

This link has the meaning of GLOBALIZATION and some issue related to it.
http://www.unctad.org/en/docs/prebisch10th.en.pdf

You said “how can I like or dislike…” I will say that depends in how you see globalization and in which side. And, I only ask you about your opinion because it is individual. Also, globalization enters every country differently; for example, why and how America is different than India. Because of all that, I post this topic here to know how every one think about this big issue.

Hi Hardi,
I think that can be realy a big problem because some societies like Arabian or yours can lots their language by the time and no one will know what was my or yours language !!! …. I think this is one of globalization’s problems. WE HAVE TO BE MORE CAREFUL !!!
PrettyMoon

Postby pob » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:46 pm

PrettyMoon wrote:[color=green]Hi bop,

This link has the meaning of GLOBALIZATION and some issue related to it.
http://www.unctad.org/en/docs/prebisch10th.en.pdf

"A great deal of nonsense has been written and said about globalization in recent years.
Some has come from the political right, some from the political left; some from business and political leaders, some from [b]NGOs and people in the streets."

What are NGOs ?

"I am first going to risk annoying
nearly everyone by making a case that the very term globalization has become so slippery, so
ambiguous, so subject to misunderstanding and political manipulation, that it should be banned
from further use ... at least until everyone is agreed as to its precise meaning and proper usage.
In particular, those involved in economic and political policymaking and debate must, I insist,
clarify their messages in this sphere if they are to be taken seriously."

He, he, he...

I'll need time to read (and to assimilate) that text. Now I'm doing other things, I don't know when I will be able to give my opinion about Globalization. :)
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
pob
Silver Member

Postby TearHere » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:24 am

PrettyMoon wrote:Hi tearHERE5189 AND hedwig14,

Thanks for replying, It is an interesting view for both of you. Each day, we become more and more dependent to the globalization in its different parts. It makes great change in people’s life. I meant by great changing the both sides of it.

I hope tearHERE5189 that Philippine to be one best country developed in few years. And I hope hedwig14 that globalization do not effect your relationship with your family and friends.

by the way, a trivia for you...... we're real life siblings(hedwig and I)... :wink:
When all else fails..don't stop.
TearHere
Gold Member

Postby shokin » Wed Sep 28, 2005 10:06 pm

Globalization ! :shock: oh ! god !

Globalization :

Big Brothers want to control all the world, all the society, all the nature, all us. And stupidly many people accept it, accept to give them responsiblity. :shock: Power to People, the powe must no be concentrated in a restricted numer of people.

Especially when these people waste much money, much taxes that we pay regularly...

Indivdualism is the globalization's man, a perfect wedding ! but which is passional, destructive for the rest of people, of the planet, of the nature. New God is money, new religion is economy, we have to make economy going and going upper and upper. All decisions are taken under the ghost which is economy.

People has forgotten its goals, its real goals. People forgot how to find the diversity. So a created false diversity (of goods of consuming). People has forgotten which is its real environment, the nature. Nature-society-internet, more and more marginal away from others beings (or very near when they are ded, in plate).

Your action must be motivated by your goals, not by an envy of the moment.
Your action must be daily.
Your action must be conscious.
Your action must be collective.
Your action must happy.

You have to act. Without acting, everything becomes useless, knowing, understanding, thinking, talking, deciding...

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby PrettyMoon » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:18 am

Hi Shokin,
Coool!! 8) I like your way of thinking, especially these worlds:

Your action must be motivated by your goals, not by an envy of the moment.
Your action must be daily.
Your action must be conscious.
Your action must be collective.
Your action must happy.

Thanx a lot Shokin for your reply.
PrettyMoon

Postby Silvita » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:12 pm

All the things in this world have two sides, one good and one bad.

For example, the radiation can cure the cancer o kill an entire town, and is the same principle.

The globalization is economical phenomenons that can be good o bad depend of the use. I think that is an inevitable, (the history of the human been goes to a global world) and is a responsibility of the first world to do the things in a correct form.

The citizens of the sub developed countries can’t do so much because their influence in political decisions is so limited.
Silvita
Silver Member

Previous

Return to Ideas and Opinions