EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Body parts donation

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Body parts donation

Postby MissLT » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:52 am

Would you donate your body parts for medical research? If yes, which part/s? If no, why not?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Triumph » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:00 am

I've resolved to donate every part of my body that is useful after death. I believe more research brings greater progress and this is very important in the development of medicine. :lol:
Triumph
Gold Member

Re: Body parts donation

Postby Shazzam » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:35 am

LennyeTran wrote:Would you donate your body parts for medical research? If yes, which part/s? If no, why not?

I am an organ donor; it is on my drivers license. I would hope that they would go to someone to help save their lives instead of for science. In Australia if you want them donated for scientific purposes you have to put this in your will. I haven't done that; but I have given permission on my drivers license that they can be used to help save peoples lives.

8)
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:36 am

Triumph wrote:I've resolved to donate every part of my body that is useful after death. I believe more research brings greater progress and this is very important in the development of medicine. :lol:

Same for me. Me and my bf are going to donate our organs. Once we're dead, we won't need them anymore, and if we can help save some human lives, why not?
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby MissLT » Sat Oct 22, 2005 4:53 pm

shazzam1452 wrote: I am an organ donor; it is on my drivers license. I would hope that they would go to someone to help save their lives instead of for science. In Australia if you want them donated for scientific purposes you have to put this in your will. I haven't done that; but I have given permission on my drivers license that they can be used to help save peoples lives.

8)

8) I have the same sticker, too. A little pink dot on the license that says "donor." And donating your body for medical research is helping other lives in some ways, don't you think?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Shazzam » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:52 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote: I am an organ donor; it is on my drivers license. I would hope that they would go to someone to help save their lives instead of for science. In Australia if you want them donated for scientific purposes you have to put this in your will. I haven't done that; but I have given permission on my drivers license that they can be used to help save peoples lives.

8)

8) I have the same sticker, too. A little pink dot on the license that says "donor." And donating your body for medical research is helping other lives in some ways, don't you think?

I agree I suppose I never really thought about that aspect of it when I became a donor. It doesn't really matter what they do with my organs after I'm not here; they aren't doing me any good.... :lol: :lol:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:07 am

shazzam1452 wrote: I agree I suppose I never really thought about that aspect of it when I became a donor. It doesn't really matter what they do with my organs after I'm not here; they aren't doing me any good.... :lol: :lol:

Well, you could stand there and watch. If you wanted to, you could just say hello to them to freak them out for fun :lol: .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Shazzam » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:25 am

LennyeTran wrote:
shazzam1452 wrote: I agree I suppose I never really thought about that aspect of it when I became a donor. It doesn't really matter what they do with my organs after I'm not here; they aren't doing me any good.... :lol: :lol:

Well, you could stand there and watch. If you wanted to, you could just say hello to them to freak them out for fun :lol: .

:lol: :lol: :lol: OMG what a terrible thought! :lol: :lol:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Oct 23, 2005 6:57 am

shazzam1452 wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: OMG what a terrible thought! :lol: :lol:

Yeah, three years ago in my Human Anatomy class I had to observe and study the cadaver (one old male's body), it was so scary to me. When my teacher was showing us the layers of muscles that she'd cut open in his body, I was thinking, "man if this guy was twitching his legs, how far away could others hear our scream?" :lol:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby TearHere » Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:38 am

i would do just the same.. donate my organs..
if i'm brain dead i would gladly donate my heart(i read in a novel that a persons' heart can still be beating in this state) or some other useful parts.... but. just organs.. i never dreamt for my body to be dissected and all that in a class or what.. just take the organs buddy(and leave some for my family to look at before burial :) ) .. :lol: heh heh :lol: am not yet open to giving up the whole body.. maybe not yet.. :roll: i'll see..
TearHere
Gold Member

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions