EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Body parts donation

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby MissLT » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:44 pm

TearHere wrote:i would do just the same.. donate my organs..
if i'm brain dead i would gladly donate my heart(i read in a novel that a persons' heart can still be beating in this state) or some other useful parts.... but. just organs.. i never dreamt for my body to be dissected and all that in a class or what.. just take the organs buddy(and leave some for my family to look at before burial :) ) .. :lol: heh heh :lol: am not yet open to giving up the whole body.. maybe not yet.. :roll: i'll see..

Oh no, his private part was covered up, and we didn't see his face. She said people prefer not to see a cadaver's face. It's not we disrespect them or whatever; it's just it's too haunting to see. My cousin's class went to the hospital to study body parts when they were in high school. One of the girls lifted up the sheet that covered the cadavers' faces. The nurses were screaming so hard. They were like, "young lady, would you put that sheet down. Don't ever open it. Is it clear?" My cousin and her were like, "geezzz, bunch of scaredy-cats.":lol: :lol:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby TearHere » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:46 am

LennyeTran wrote:
TearHere wrote:i would do just the same.. donate my organs..
if i'm brain dead i would gladly donate my heart(i read in a novel that a persons' heart can still be beating in this state) or some other useful parts.... but. just organs.. i never dreamt for my body to be dissected and all that in a class or what.. just take the organs buddy(and leave some for my family to look at before burial :) ) .. :lol: heh heh :lol: am not yet open to giving up the whole body.. maybe not yet.. :roll: i'll see..

Oh no, his private part was covered up, and we didn't see his face. She said people prefer not to see a cadaver's face. It's not we disrespect them or whatever; it's just it's too haunting to see. My cousin's class went to the hospital to study body parts when they were in high school. One of the girls lifted up the sheet that covered the cadavers' faces. The nurses were screaming so hard. They were like, "young lady, would you put that sheet down. Don't ever open it. Is it clear?" My cousin and her were like, "geezzz, bunch of scaredy-cats.":lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: well... i'm a future nurse(if i fortunately finish the course)..i guess i have to really get used to it..scary.. :shock:
TearHere
Gold Member

message body

Postby keling » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:05 pm

donate any part of body for helping others is a noble action

the most common one is donate blood , in china, there are

too much people to be donors of blood without any reward.

you can see the special bus serves for this work in the street

as to myself I have promissed to donate my body for medical

research after I leaving the world
keling
Silver Member

Postby Rui » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:04 pm

i think they have change the law in portugal about this matter, before we needed to say that we want to donate the organs after we die, now i think that we have to say something if we don't wanna to donate the organs, i think is good because many people like me wants to donate their organs but i just don't have time to make all the things to make it possible in the future, because we had a lot of things to do before can make it possible, sometimes it seemed like we were the ones with more benefit in all the story, but they were wrong because when this will happen, I’ll be already dead, and besides as young people we never think we gonna die soon so this way it's more easy... come on, use my body the way you want :lol: , i use to say this but not to a doctor 8) i prefer beautiful girls :lol: :lol:

P.S- I hope someone will understand what I mean with my sentence, sometimes not even me can understand myself in english :lol:
Rui
Platinum Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:26 pm

TearHere wrote: :lol: :lol: well... i'm a future nurse(if i fortunately finish the course)..i guess i have to really get used to it..scary.. :shock:

It's part of the job, dear :wink: .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Re: message body

Postby MissLT » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:32 pm

keling wrote:donate any part of body for helping others is a noble action

the most common one is donate blood , in china, there are

too much people to be donors of blood without any reward.

you can see the special bus serves for this work in the street

as to myself I have promissed to donate my body for medical

research after I leaving the world

There are certain limits to donate blood in the U.S. hospitals. I think generally we can't donate blood if we're under 110 lbs. However, sometimes, they measure the height and weight to consider whether underweights should donate blood or not. It's not that often, though.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:43 pm

Rui wrote:i think they have change the law in portugal about this matter, before we needed to say that we want to donate the organs after we die, now i think that we have to say something if we don't wanna to donate the organs, i think is good because many people like me wants to donate their organs but i just don't have time to make all the things to make it possible in the future, because we had a lot of things to do before can make it possible, sometimes it seemed like we were the ones with more benefit in all the story, but they were wrong because when this will happen, I’ll be already dead, and besides as young people we never think we gonna die soon so this way it's more easy... come on, use my body the way you want :lol: , i use to say this but not to a doctor 8) i prefer beautiful girls :lol: :lol:

If you don't make a will about how your body will be used after you die, I think your family has the right of what to do with your body. Some people prefer to bury their dead ones because they think if those people didn't make the will when they were alive, it indirectly means they didn't want anybody to touch their bodies. Therefore, their wishes have to be fulfilled. Thus, I think it's important to discuss what we should do with our bodies to the family. Well, the topic might sound depressing and too negative; however, our bodies will be used correctly in the future and we'll all die eventually anyway. Additionally, it's a good thing and a blessing we will bring to others by this little talk with the family, a talk that takes about an hour or less and can direclty save someone's life.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Previous

Return to Ideas and Opinions