EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Manual and mental labour

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Manual and mental labour

Postby Arale » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:04 pm

Manual and mental labour, which one is more important or they are both equally important? Which one is more popular in your country? Do you think in the future, human will not have to do manual work and robots will do it instead? It sounds great if we don't have to some housework but I prefer to cook myself. It has its own interest. I hope in the far future, human won't be slaves of robots. :roll:

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Hardi » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:38 pm

Both must be balanced. I need both.. I like diversified life. And its bad if humans don't have to do manual work, because then we lost something very valuable! -ability to do something with our own hands..

With today's technology is difficult, or even impossible to build Egyptian pyramid.. But in bast it's somehow done. We have already lost so many skills.. some folklorist's(or some I don't know who) trying to save them, but..

When I lived in country, then it was very interesting to learn from older peoples, how they did some works in old times. I was amazed how simply is possible to do some work, without machines.. or with machines cooperated with nature. There is a lot of foolishness, how peoples using very expensive and difficult methods for something, that can actually made very simple. They fighting against, where they should cooperative. I also love simple solutions, most beautiful and hi-tech is simple not complex.

Only who wins is technology college, factory etc.

I think that humans aren't evolved in last 2000++ years at all. only thing that is eveloped is technology. Humans are always been same, or maybe changed even more dumbheaded!
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby ahmads » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:47 pm

robots can not be alternative ,
and I agree with Hardi.... :lol:
ahmads
Rough Diamond Member

Postby lukiyas » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:11 pm

I think this is ridiculous. The topic title,it's like a comparison between blue collar workers and white collar ones.But then you involve another kind of labuor force.So I'm lost,dont know what to talk about.
lukiyas.
lukiyas

Postby shokin » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:44 pm

One can help the other.

The communion of both is not impossible.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby Arale » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:53 pm

lukiyas wrote:I think this is ridiculous. The topic title,it's like a comparison between blue collar workers and white collar ones.But then you involve another kind of labuor force.So I'm lost,dont know what to talk about.

Well, I mean do you think in the future robots will replace human on manual work so it'll be no more important? Human will do mental work only? I do agree that both are important. In my country, mental work was respected, in the past, not the other. But it has changed. People's attitude to manual work has been much changing. And if we could combine both kinds of work, it's the best. For example, doing farming today doesn't mean you'll have to plough only, you'll also have to think how to produce the best kinds of seeks. That's my opinion.

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Return to Ideas and Opinions