EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

When English Language Become Global Language?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

When English Language Become Global Language?

Postby awrang » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:30 pm

Can anybody tell me when english language become International language ? I mean the time, the year, and who chosen?
also i need tips about that; who was the first person to teach english in the rest of the world except Europ & US??
Awrang Zaib Taraki
awrang
Silver Member

Re: When English Language Become Global Language?

Postby Arale » Fri Nov 11, 2005 3:34 pm

awrang wrote:Can anybody tell me when english language become International language ? I mean the time, the year, and who chosen?
also i need tips about that; who was the first person to teach english in the rest of the world except Europ & US??

Well, it's really hard to know exactly the time when English became an international language. I just know English first appeared, after World War I, in an International World Treaty. But it couldn't become popular until the 1920s or 1930s. :roll:

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby SvobodaGab » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:08 pm

English isn't an international language, at least not officially. In 1907, Delegation for the Adoption of an International Auxiliary Language decided that Esperanto should be an international auxiliary language. UNESCO also recommended Esperanto to be an international auxiliary language to be taught in all schools all over the world. It's the fault of non-native English speakers that they want English to be superior to their native languages, native English speakers to have an unfair language (and also psychological and economical) advantage above them, their own languages and cultures to be destroyed by the English Speaking Imperium. (Many Afro-Americans also agreed with their discrimination by white men.)
SvobodaGab

Postby shokin » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:57 pm

Don't be slave of globalization !

Learn the local language once you have use english as a transitionnal language !

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:15 pm

Let us preserve the diversity of languages, of cultures, of nature !

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Return to Ideas and Opinions