EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Have you ever believed in them?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby MissLT » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:04 am

illusion wrote:sadly I must admit I never actually believed in any of those things. I just knew they were fake all along. No one bothered to fill me with made out stories about Father Christmas. *sob* I had such a brutal childhood ;p LOL

Me, too. I still wonder why I didn't believe that they were real like the adults said they were. I just never did, even there were bunch of stories I'd read how Santa Claus brought presents to good children, angels appeared when you were in danger and stuff :cry: .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Dixie » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:26 am

Haha I used to believe in the Three Wise Men from the East; they brought us presents every year on the night of January 5th. That was so until 4th grade, I was nine, and I will always remember this... We were at school, and suddenly we started to talk about Christmas, and presents, and the Three Wise Men. Then the teacher said: "Well, but you know the Three Wise Men don't exist, don't you?" I was so shocked and disappointed. Can't remember what happened afterwards.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby MissLT » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:42 pm

Dixie wrote:Haha I used to believe in the Three Wise Men from the East; they brought us presents every year on the night of January 5th. That was so until 4th grade, I was nine, and I will always remember this... We were at school, and suddenly we started to talk about Christmas, and presents, and the Three Wise Men. Then the teacher said: "Well, but you know the Three Wise Men don't exist, don't you?" I was so shocked and disappointed. Can't remember what happened afterwards.

I hate it when someone tells a kid something is not real, for example, Santa Claus. I mean, what is the harm of them believing in those things? They're kids. Let them dream. They'll realize those things are not real when they grow up. Geeezzz, those kinda party-poopers are not cute....
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Previous

Return to Ideas and Opinions