EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Have you ever believed in them?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby MissLT » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:04 am

illusion wrote:sadly I must admit I never actually believed in any of those things. I just knew they were fake all along. No one bothered to fill me with made out stories about Father Christmas. *sob* I had such a brutal childhood ;p LOL

Me, too. I still wonder why I didn't believe that they were real like the adults said they were. I just never did, even there were bunch of stories I'd read how Santa Claus brought presents to good children, angels appeared when you were in danger and stuff :cry: .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Dixie » Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:26 am

Haha I used to believe in the Three Wise Men from the East; they brought us presents every year on the night of January 5th. That was so until 4th grade, I was nine, and I will always remember this... We were at school, and suddenly we started to talk about Christmas, and presents, and the Three Wise Men. Then the teacher said: "Well, but you know the Three Wise Men don't exist, don't you?" I was so shocked and disappointed. Can't remember what happened afterwards.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby MissLT » Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:42 pm

Dixie wrote:Haha I used to believe in the Three Wise Men from the East; they brought us presents every year on the night of January 5th. That was so until 4th grade, I was nine, and I will always remember this... We were at school, and suddenly we started to talk about Christmas, and presents, and the Three Wise Men. Then the teacher said: "Well, but you know the Three Wise Men don't exist, don't you?" I was so shocked and disappointed. Can't remember what happened afterwards.

I hate it when someone tells a kid something is not real, for example, Santa Claus. I mean, what is the harm of them believing in those things? They're kids. Let them dream. They'll realize those things are not real when they grow up. Geeezzz, those kinda party-poopers are not cute....
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Previous

Return to Ideas and Opinions