EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

People don't take her serious because she's fat?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby illusion » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:23 pm

I don't know if I'm right but it seems to me that the biggest number of fat people is in the US...maybe I get that impression because all of the american fast food
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:53 pm

I know you were being serious, and I was thinking of a certain group of people. But never mind... I never saw this article, so I didn't know you were talking about it. I thought you were talking about the group of people I was thinking. :wink:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby DocAndy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:58 am

danyet wrote:Fat people are bound for diabetes and heart disease to name a few. I would be wrong to treat them as if they were healthy and not try to encourage them to get into better condition.

You write the same, what I wanted. It's not really healthy to be fat and too thin. :shock:
You will get a lot of disease, if you have this "lifestyle".
DocAndy

Postby Dixie » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:29 am

illusion wrote:I don't know if I'm right but it seems to me that the biggest number of fat people is in the US...maybe I get that impression because all of the american fast food

When I was in the US, I thought: "OMG, I've never seen so many obese people together in one place!". I was surprised, I knew there were many fat people in the States but what I saw astonished me.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby MissLT » Sat Feb 04, 2006 4:07 pm

Dixie wrote:
When I was in the US, I thought: "OMG, I've never seen so many obese people together in one place!". I was surprised, I knew there were many fat people in the States but what I saw astonished me.

When I saw Europeans at the festival fair we had last year, I was surprised, too. They were too skinny, and each of them carried a big backpack. I was scared those backpacks would break their bones. My bf said, "Yeah, that's just a regular European girl for you. Skinny as a stick but yummy..." Okay, I think I should end here. :lol:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby illusion » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:14 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
Dixie wrote:

When I saw Europeans at the festival fair we had last year, I was surprised, too. They were too skinny, and each of them carried a big backpack. I was scared those backpacks would break their bones. My bf said, "Yeah, that's just a regular European girl for you. Skinny as a stick but yummy..." Okay, I think I should end here. :lol:

when I showed my pics to some of my american friends they were like 'wow, you're soooo skinny'. and I was like 'what? all the girls here are like that...' european lifestyle :p
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby DocAndy » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:16 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
Dixie wrote:

Hehe thanks. Now we are skinny. But it changes slowly. We get fatter. :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :roll:
DocAndy

Postby MissLT » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:23 am

illusion wrote:

when I showed my pics to some of my american friends they were like 'wow, you're soooo skinny'. and I was like 'what? all the girls here are like that...' european lifestyle :p

Maybe this is why models are mostly from European countries, not America. :?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:52 am

illusion wrote: Besides I would never think I would get fat just by eating at the place full of fat people. Even if I were fat I would accept myself and tolerate it and other people should respect it...

When someone is fat because of some conditions, for example, like Ana has, I can understand it. However, when someone is being able to lose weight and that person considers not to, I think it's unhealthy. Have you ever walked into an all-you-can-eat buffet with full of fat people? I mean, if you know you're fat, why don't you try some healthy food to stay in shape and get off the porkchops for a chance?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Previous

Return to Ideas and Opinions