EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

a coming of age celebration.

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

a coming of age celebration.

Postby kira » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:59 am

In japan.we are admited as adult when we become twenty years old.
And then, we join a coming of age celebration. 
It will be held at city hall.
we can marriage legally at the age of 16 years old about girls and at the age of 18 years old about boys.
When can you be admited as an adult :?: Who has a lot of rights in your country :?:
kira

Re: a coming of age celebration.

Postby Shazzam » Fri Nov 25, 2005 8:07 am

kira wrote:In japan.we are admited as adult when we become twenty years old.
And then, we join a coming of age celebration. 
It will be held at city hall.
we can marriage legally at the age of 16 years old about girls and at the age of 18 years old about boys.
When can you be admited as an adult :?: Who has a lot of rights in your country :?:

18 years old in my country to be admitted as an adult to nightclubs, vote etc. Some people still feel that 21 is the legal age (but this America). Australians still celebrate their 21st birthday but really 18 is the big one. :wink:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:50 am

18 is the legal age here.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Rui » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:23 pm

in portugal it's the same... 18 years old it's the age that we become adult's, but just some of us, i have seen many people with more then 50years acting like a child, i must confess that sometimes i like to do the same :wink:
Rui
Platinum Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:10 pm

Rui wrote:in portugal it's the same... 18 years old it's the age that we become adult's, but just some of us, i have seen many people with more then 50years acting like a child, i must confess that sometimes i like to do the same :wink:

Yeah, my bf always says he's a 26-yr-old child :roll:
Dixie

Postby edumelo » Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:32 pm

Hello Everyone

Here in Brazil the legal age is 18, when people can legally marriage, drive, drink, response for crims, and all an adult can do. But when you are 16, you can vote and when you are 14 you can legally work (as a student worker).

That's all,

Eduardo.
edumelo
Gold Member

Postby phucauto3 » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:10 am

in vietnam, girls can be allowed to be married at 18, and 21 for boys.
when you're admitted to be adult!! in my country, there's no celebration or certification for it :lol: you can say you've been grow-up enogh nor not.It's depend on what's in your mind, your psychology..
so counfused. sometimes, you think you are adult but your mother still say: you are childish :lol: :lol:
phucauto3
Gold Member

Postby Ika » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:55 pm

Yeah, there is smth special about these 18 and 21... in my country, you are considered to be adult when 18, when you can vote, but there is still the age 21, when you are legally allowed to use alchohol...
I read an interesting thing about the age. Actually there are 3 ways to measure your age- biological, because human bodies are quite different, there are healthier people and not so healthy ones,so the aging process is different; the other age is so called historical, in other words- your birth date, it is fixed solidly, after all; and the third age is psychological, that's why some people act childishly longer than the others.... Hmm, I should tell you, I have also met a lot of young "old" people, I mean, too serious, too tired, too "all the games are stupid" people.
Whatever, you can chose your age!!!! sounds unbelievable? It is not. In a sensible way, of course. But you can really consider yourselves old at the age of 30, and you can say, you are young at the age ... whatever the age. It's how you see the life, is it an adventure for you, or only a hard duty??? you decide!!!
And a simply recipy for staying young longer- learn. Learn new things all your life. Sport makes your body fit, learning makes your mind fit, the result is marvelous. Just try :wink:
"To know nothing is bad, to learn nothing is worse."
Ika
Silver Member

Return to Ideas and Opinions