EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

How color can change your life

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby Tora » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:16 pm

I like children (newborn especially)to look like small YELLOW chicken! 8) But my nephew looks like an adult wearing brown velvet trousers, but I agree most of his clothes are dark blue... weird... Why it it so? boys - blue, ladies - pink... I don't like it either. :P

As far as i'm concerned... I changed my hair-cut 2 years ago and became red. Soo now no one consider me as a brown-hair lady anymore! I guess It influenced a bit on my behavior, I became open-minded, self confident (though still not enough)... :oops:
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:40 pm

http://www.nomajesty.net/embryomystic/w ... babyx.html

This story raised a question that should children be raised as a boy or a girl based on society's gender-based expectations? Would they be better off without these expectations? etc. It's really nice to read.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Tora » Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:27 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
This story raised a question that should children be raised as a boy or a girl based on society's gender-based expectations? Would they be better off without these expectations? etc. It's really nice to read.

Thanks for the story, Lennye! "It's not easy to be yourself". And it's almost impossible to raise a child without paying any attention to it's gender...
I appreciate every link you give, guys! I hardly could find it on my own... :wink:
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:16 pm

Tora wrote:Thanks for the story, Lennye! "It's not easy to be yourself". And it's almost impossible to raise a child without paying any attention to it's gender...
I appreciate every link you give, guys! I hardly could find it on my own... :wink:

We used this story for our English class and psychology of childhood class. We had a great discussion about it. I'll post more links about this kinda stories if you'd like. :wink:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Tora » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:26 pm

I'll appreciate! Especially I liked the end, when you think that everything is over and you can predict it, all the story, the end is something you didn't expect! I like it! :wink:
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:31 pm

Tora wrote:I'll appreciate! Especially I liked the end, when you think that everything is over and you can predict it, all the story, the end is something you didn't expect! I like it! :wink:

I didn't get the end when I first read it, you know. I was like, "what the hell is a Y?!?!?!?" but then I started to understand what it meant, and everything was clear. Man, I just wish I could do that to life. It's an extraordinary achievement when you can find the only key that opens up everything about life.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby eman » Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:28 am

hi
about me i like red ,blue and pink ,they makes me so pruityand happy
i well tall you something about the wedding in oman..it is different from city to another ,i well tell you aboutthe capital of oman (muscat).the man wear white clothes called :wink: (dishedasha) and the gilrs wear green and red i think .in my city Salalah ,also the man wear white clothes(dishedasha)and the women wear black clothes called[b](thoob) [/b]..but now they start to wear white clothes for wedding like other country..they change something which are traditional.
when some body die..the woman wear also black(thoob) bout now they wear any color they like while the men wear (dishedasha)
eman
Gold Member

Previous

Return to Ideas and Opinions