EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

How color can change your life

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby ahmads » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:05 pm

Dixie wrote:
LennyeTran wrote: For instance, pink should just be for girls and blue is for boys!?!?!?!

Blue is for me! That's my favorite color :twisted: And I hate pink. So let's forget about stereotypes... :D

I like blue too ,,,, 8)
ahmads
Rough Diamond Member

Re: How color can change your life

Postby Arale » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:43 pm

harvester wrote:
It sounds interesting, doen't it? but I feel about different colors is influenced by the culture. In my culture white color is purity, blue is hope, black is bad luck, green is vitality, red is victory, and yellow is betray.

As I know yellow can activate our brain. So it's a great idea of painting class yellow. It'll help children fresh their mind and study better. So, you should wear a yellow shirt if you have an important exam. 8)

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby novia » Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:21 am

Hi!!
it's a bit strange that in vietnam everyone wears white clothes in funeral. in indonesia, there's no rule for that. but, as far as i know, people usually wear simple dress with dark colors. it doesn't have to be black. we can use any color, but not the bright one.
novia

Postby nhuquynh » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:01 pm

my mother said that we only wear white clothes in funerals if we're still students. other cases we'd better wear dark colors. I haven't attended much funerals so I don't know whether it's popular or not. why do U think we have this distinction? :oops:
nhuquynh

Postby Rui » Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:41 pm

well.. what a big confusion of colours, but i'm liking to see all the commentaries, although the only thing that came to my mind is what color i should choose.... but i guess my favourite colours are Blue and White, the colours of my club :lol: FC Porto..
Rui
Platinum Member

Postby natsu0713 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 6:20 am

harvester wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:Yeah, that's why it's inappropriate to wear a bright color suit to a funeral.

Yes, LennyeTran. But there is something strange in my country. In wedding, the bride often wears a long white dress because it is purity. But in funeral, everybody also wears white clothes. I have asked my teacher, she didn't answer my question. I answered her "why white color is purity while it is also bad luck?" :? I don't understand! :roll:

I hope when you find out the answer, you can share with us. :D

I would like to know the answer too.
natsu0713

Postby natsu0713 » Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:10 am

hanami wrote:
LennyeTran wrote: I think the bride wears red color in Chinese weeding. And yellow is a color of intelligence? :shock:

yellow is the color of flawlessness and nobleness. Chinese imperors and royal people always wear yellow clothes, Gold is yellow and stars are always printed yellow too.

Well... I would like to add another one. Red has auspicious meaning in China and Taiwan. In traditional wedding, brides' dress is red. During Chinese New Year, people wear red clothes. Even at that time, some people wear red underwears and underpants when they gamble, play majiang, poker... etc.
natsu0713

Postby ahmads » Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:42 pm

ahmads wrote:
Dixie wrote:
LennyeTran wrote: For instance, pink should just be for girls and blue is for boys!?!?!?!

Blue is for me! That's my favorite color :twisted: And I hate pink. So let's forget about stereotypes... :D

I like blue too ,,,, 8)

certaily for boy
and pink for girls :lol: :lol:
ahmads
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:38 pm

ahmads wrote:certaily for boy

That's nonsense. Personally, I hate pink. And blue is my favorite color.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby ahmads » Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:41 pm

Dixie wrote:
ahmads wrote:certaily for boy

That's nonsense.

nonsense,,, What do you mean????
Last edited by ahmads on Thu Dec 15, 2005 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ahmads
Rough Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions