EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

how to commit suicide correctly

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Re: HI

Postby Golfygirl » Sat Jan 14, 2006 12:12 am

tikay wrote:How can you say that what I experienced was not real. it was a definate reality at the time...besides all the crazy things that happened are things that are always considerations in the world of science and physics. I have studied it quite a bit and the experience of being a channel of spiritual information is always happening to people the town of Sedona Arizona here in the U.S. is a testament to that. It is full of people who channel and they dont think it is a bunch of horse~ they know it to be truth. Thus when I say that what I went through and fighting in a spiritual warfare Oh I WAS it did happen...it really happened...it happened to me. And although there was much that no one will understand unless they have looked deeply into the esoteric sciences and paranormal...I am a person who since has read up to understand what may have really been going on and all arrows point to the truth of what i was a part of while "hallucinating". If one is so high they lose track of the person they were being behind a veil then does the state they are then in which is very different become a lie or "not truth"? dont know if that is a very good argument but i still believe that what i went through was a reality.
Read up anything about parrellel worlds maybe, to better understand.

I have a question. When we are a sleep and dream--who is doing the dreaming?

While learning to play golf, my husband taught me a lot about my subconscious. Our subconscious plays a big roll in how we respond to things. Most of the time we aren't even aware of just how much our subconscious plays a major roll in our lives.

On another note about dreams. Sometimes I have dreamed and learned how to do something I never knew how to do. Where does that come from? Sometimes I get inlightenments through dreams. I think thats wonderful.

I am a believer in one God almighty and his son Jesus Christ. I believe that God gives us spiritual guidance.
Golfygirl
Silver Member

thank you

Postby tikay » Sat Jan 14, 2006 4:45 am

A really good point. The subconcious is a big part of what I was trying to get at, it is the veil of illusion/maya...if that veil is stripped away by methods of soul work and enlightenment techniques, healing and meditation work for instance, one gets tuned in to other levels of the consiousness such as a waking dream.
I was living in the waking dream (so that is a good analogy) my illusions of the one reality we usually inhabit became these (stranger than fiction) other systems of how things do actually work underneath the actual life we like to stay comfortable in.
When a holy person has told one take off the blinders that keep you stuck in that dull reality....I have seen the things that they are talking of.
This does not qualify me as a sage or a prophet, but no one can rob me of the knowledge gained and tell me that is was not a reality....it is a different reality thats all.

Ever see a person having a battle with the clouds....they see something that is really there....it is there on another track...they are tapped in to another level... one should be ever so nice to these fellows, for they may be fighting the battle for you and me, having picked up the ball.... esoteric dance of the ages, and they may be exactly where I was and they may be very important people on a whole other level. of reality
(it gave me a deeper understanding of the Christian concept of any man even the lowliest human could be Jesus...so be good to them).
When I was young I did study the scriptures of the Bible...then I began to study other religions. Maybe that is why my alternate reality was so about the spiritual life, and the battle of good and evil. (which is going on at a subtler level at all times) along with cosmic mischef of all sorts.
I know because I was in it.
Calling me a ~ prophet (wanna be) was not right D.
tikay
Platinum Member

Postby Desislava » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:43 am

Ok Golfygirl...next time when you dream that you can fly, and you really have learnt to fly in your dream, please jump off the nearest building to try your knowledge and new abilities.
Desislava
Silver Member

Postby Desislava » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:06 am

"LSD is considered an entheogen because it often catalyzes intense spiritual experiences where users feel they have come into contact with a greater spiritual or cosmic order. It is common for users to believe that they have achieved insights into the way the mind works and some users experience permanent or long-lasting changes in their life perspective. Some users consider LSD a religious sacrament, or a powerful tool for access to the divine. Many books have been written comparing the LSD trip to the state of enlightenment of eastern philosophy.

Such experiences under the influence of LSD have been observed and documented by researchers such as Timothy Leary and Stanislav Grof. A brief video documentary of the Good Friday Marsh Chapel Experiment conducted by Walter Pahnke under Leary's supervision (a double blind experiment using volunteers who were students in religious graduate programs, e.g., divinity, theology, etc.) can be viewed here. That study showed that hallucinogens could reliably be used to induce mystical religious states (at least in people with a spiritual predisposition)."
So..this is an extract from Wikipedia. You described such an experience, but please note the last words (that I've boldened). As you have filled your head with all these religious concepts and theories, it's only natural for them to come out in the state you were. Just like in dreams your visions are based on everyday experience, and since yours is reading about religion and other sort of mystics...look at the consequences.
Our discussion is something done for ages, religion vs science, and since even Galileo couldn't prove his rightness against the great followers of God, who am I to argue. :roll:
Desislava
Silver Member

Postby Golfygirl » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:19 pm

Desislava wrote:Ok Golfygirl...next time when you dream that you can fly, and you really have learnt to fly in your dream, please jump off the nearest building to try your knowledge and new abilities.

I am drug and alcohol free--thank the good lord for that!
I am not under any allusions about being able to jump safely off a building--thank you very much. :)

Have you ever known a person with skitsophrenia? Or Bipolar mental disorder?

Those individuals are highly intelligent humanbeings. I wonder about people like that. They can retain so much information also. They are very extordinary people if you ask me. They are also kind of like animals in a way that they have a 6th sense. Animals, take dogs for example, know a bad person when they see them. Ever notice how a dog will just bark and bark at some people and will not bark at other people? Well, that is a 6th sense for them.

I believe all humanbeings have "some" of the same abilities as animals. The only difference is, some of us humanbeings stop listening to our inner instincts/sources.
Golfygirl
Silver Member

Postby Desislava » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:45 pm

The thing I said was an example. To show you that dreams are not real, and some things that happen in them are just not possible - they're only a product of our mind.
I could not really get the point about the 6th sense. Perhaps you wanted to say that I am evil? Yet it seems that dogs do not support your opinion, because the only thing they do is shake their tales when I'm near them. :wink:
Desislava
Silver Member

Postby Admiral » Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:34 pm

Yes you are right. Being realistic is always good.
“Show me the heart unfettered by foolish dreams. And I’ll show you a happy man.” (Tennyson)
Admiral

On science vs. religous

Postby tikay » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:04 pm

The very idea of science versus religeon is old thinking...watch the documentary/movie on this titled "What the bleep do we know" for a look into how they are getting into more and more actual agreements on how things work. It is science this religious thinking it is a dynamic flow of information about the laws of this universe. They include not exclude the spiritual honey. It is a spiritual world if you dont like it why dont you at least leave alone people who appreciate that
In other words insted of being mean and cruel to my pal Golfygirl (suggesting she kill herself) come on!
try looking up more than a definition of acid, geez.
you are good at poetry maybe you should write more of that...where we come from we are taught to be respectful but only until someone treats us with that kind of disrespect!
It was another low blow...do you really even believe the things you say are true...about being scientific over the spiritual?
Or do you just want a good battle?
tikay
Platinum Member

Postby Golfygirl » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:22 am

Desislava wrote:The thing I said was an example. To show you that dreams are not real, and some things that happen in them are just not possible - they're only a product of our mind.
I could not really get the point about the 6th sense. Perhaps you wanted to say that I am evil? Yet it seems that dogs do not support your opinion, because the only thing they do is shake their tales when I'm near them. :wink:

I am not saying you are evil. I am saying that we all have internal instincts/intuitions. Some of us are able to tap into those internal instincts/intuitions. Some of us are willing to admit that internal instincts/intuitions exsist in all of us.

I'm sorry for not answering sooner but I had to go fill out paper work for a brand new 3rd job.

I have another question for you Desislava. What does it mean when the dogs wag their tail as a result of being in your presence?
Golfygirl
Silver Member

Postby Golfygirl » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:29 am

Admiral wrote:Yes you are right. Being realistic is always good.
“Show me the heart unfettered by foolish dreams. And I’ll show you a happy man.” (Tennyson)

A really good book to read is called "One". Its written by Richard Bach. Have any of ya'll read that book?

Love the pink lipstick Tikay. I am plain and simple. No make up. No hairspray--just plain and simple is me :)

My husband says he's square. He also says he's dull. My husband is contrary in a lot of ways to what he says. :lol:
Golfygirl
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions