EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Euthanasia

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Euthanasia

Postby Arale » Tue Dec 13, 2005 1:47 pm

Do you agree with euthanasia? As I know in Netherland, the law allows doctors to help terminally ill patients to die if they have that wish. And certainly, the doctors won't be prosecuted. Some people regard it as killing people while some others think it's a way to help patients get rid of hurts. If we can't cure their illnesses, why don't we let them die peacefully?

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Dixie » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:18 pm

This is a really controversial issue. I think that, if those patients are terminal and are in a great pain, and ask their family or their doctors to help them die (not kill them), we should respect that. We don't have the tiniest idea how that person is suffering. Why condemn them to suffer even more?
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Admiral » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:23 pm

Yes, but what should happen if the patient is not able to express his opinion? May others decide for him?
Admiral

Postby ginny » Tue Dec 13, 2005 2:29 pm

Admiral wrote:Yes, but what should happen if the patient is not able to express his opinion? May others decide for him?

What do you mean? :roll: Is it the case of handicapped patients? I think only the wish of the patient should be followed.
ginny
Gold Member

Return to Ideas and Opinions