EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Traffic jam

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby ahmads » Wed Dec 21, 2005 7:09 pm

shokin wrote:Let us boycot pollution !

Let us use cars only when necessary.

We can go by car, on feet. We are not forced to go shopping.

Shokin

about pollution we can use bicycle,,it is very interesting and you will be athlete if you use it.
certainly you know about cars that use hydrogen like a power.
but What about traffic jam ?it is the question :?: :idea:
ahmads
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:35 pm

shokin wrote:Let us boycot pollution !

Let us use cars only when necessary.

We can go by car, on feet. We are not forced to go shopping.

Shokin

But we need to. There are million of things we need to buy for our daily lives. We ain't living in a stone age to use everything in nature. For examples, we can't make clothes by ourselves. We can't just grow things and make food out of them since we can't grow everything in our backyard.
To reduce traffic jam because of too many cars I think the city should encourage people to carpool. Those people can have free parking or several hours free parking if they carpool.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Hardi » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:43 pm

It's too cold for bicycle for me now, but I also don't like public transport too.. too dirty, when I had used it, then there had sometime some homeless peoples coming to warmth into buss and they was really very dirty and stinky. I walking... I live in little town, so I can walk.

Actually there is nothing to do, money is not for ashmed. If you have it then you must show it.. you buy some stupid ferrari or pointless H2 to belong to club of idiots. Actually real idiot car is landrover discovery(one of my relative have it) probably it's yet not enough expensive... but still only idiot want have it.

Well some estonian politicans once promised to make public transport for free when elect them. but that's not realistic.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:48 pm

Hardi wrote:It's too cold for bicycle for me now, but I also don't like public transport too.. too dirty, when I had used it, then there had sometime some homeless peoples coming to warmth into buss and they was really very dirty and stinky. I walking... I live in little town, so I can walk.

True that! True that! 8)
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby shokin » Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:49 pm

LennyeTran wrote:But we need to. There are million of things we need to buy for our daily lives.

Tell me these very many things that we need.

There are many things that we can avoid, which are not necessary :

tv, video games, coca cola, hamburgers...

but the main idea is to take care about what you already have, for not having to buy new.

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby ahmads » Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:30 pm

Hardi wrote:It's too cold for bicycle for me now, but I also don't like public transport too.. too dirty, when I had used it, then there had sometime some homeless peoples coming to warmth into buss and they was really very dirty and stinky. I walking... I live in little town, so I can walk.

I hate buses , because I feel that I am in (sardine can) :lol: when I ride buses
ahmads
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Arale » Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:26 am

You're right. It feels so uncomfortable when buses are too crowded. I think the Government should invest more into public transports. Great if it's free. In my country, public transports is still a controversial problem. Buses are always crowded, and the price is not cheap. I prefer a transport system in which all people have to use public transports like buses, undergrounds, trains...and private vihicles are only used in the suburbs. :)

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby MissLT » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:22 am

shokin wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:But we need to. There are million of things we need to buy for our daily lives.

Tell me these very many things that we need.

There are many things that we can avoid, which are not necessary :

tv, video games, coca cola, hamburgers...

but the main idea is to take care about what you already have, for not having to buy new.

Shokin

You don't go shopping for food, clothes, accessories, etc? You are exaggerating your words with shopping again. You're making it seem like it's a crime for people to do it. For the love of God.....
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:24 am

Arale wrote:You're right. It feels so uncomfortable when buses are too crowded. I think the Government should invest more into public transports. Great if it's free. In my country, public transports is still a controversial problem. Buses are always crowded, and the price is not cheap. I prefer a transport system in which all people have to use public transports like buses, undergrounds, trains...and private vihicles are only used in the suburbs. :)

_Arale_

The government only pays for the handicapped people, which they use the tax money from the people. In a way it's not free for them either. And it will never be free for anyone else.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Arale » Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:43 am

LennyeTran wrote:The government only pays for the handicapped people, which they use the tax money from the people. In a way it's not free for them either. And it will never be free for anyone else.

They can take the tax from other fields like industry, business... to pay for public transports. Certainly, there should have a balance among all industries. Rich countries and good Governments can do this.
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions