EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Traffic jam

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby CityYoung » Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:50 pm

HI illusion you are like me . In my city I don't havt traffic jam and I don't have problems My city not too big :wink:
CityYoung
Platinum Member

Postby illusion » Mon Dec 26, 2005 11:44 am

that's good, isn't it? :D
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby CityYoung » Mon Dec 26, 2005 12:30 pm

YES Of Course :wink:
CityYoung
Platinum Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:28 am

Arale wrote:
In China, there's no ticket checker in public buses. Certainly, it's not free but the fine is quite cheap and anyone who uses the bus will automatically put money in a box in the bus. I think that's great! Pity there are still so few examples. :cry:

Arale, this is a common thing in the Western world. Disabled people and students have the free tickets provided from the government or the school. However, those free tickets are bought from the taxes money. Thus, in a way, they pay for their own tickets. There is no free things in our society. To me, the unrealistic about the main communist idea is that things need to be shared. In capitalist society things are traded.
When you live in a society that things should be shared, it's hard to maintain. For once, there would be people who gave more than others, but everything had to be shared equally. Therefore, at the end they would be really disappointed for living in a society that they gave more and got the same amount as like others. In a society that things are traded people trade whatever they have to get something in a similar amount. If they don't have anything, they would trade to get what they need by working. To me, this is best system.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:32 am

Shazzam wrote:
But how can you tell if someone has paid the correct money. It isn't fair that someone should have to pay more than another to travel :?: :idea:

When you put your money in the money slot, it will tell the bus driver how much you've paid. Sometimes, people save their time to look for changes by buying the weekly or monthly bus passes and use them whenever they get on the bus.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Arale » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:43 pm

LennyeTran wrote:Arale, this is a common thing in the Western world. Disabled people and students have the free tickets provided from the government or the school. However, those free tickets are bought from the taxes money. Thus, in a way, they pay for their own tickets. There is no free things in our society. To me, the unrealistic about the main communist idea is that things need to be shared. In capitalist society things are traded.
When you live in a society that things should be shared, it's hard to maintain. For once, there would be people who gave more than others, but everything had to be shared equally. Therefore, at the end they would be really disappointed for living in a society that they gave more and got the same amount as like others. In a society that things are traded people trade whatever they have to get something in a similar amount. If they don't have anything, they would trade to get what they need by working. To me, this is best system.

No, I don't want to live in a society that we change one thing for another. People's consciousness and attitude of people are one of the factors to make up a Communist society, that is, I suppose, too far for us to reach. Thus, such a type of society will never exist. But I don't think of such a great issue. I just think free public transport is possible. It can be free in different ways. For instance, school buses and office buses are often free or very cheap. People can pay every month or even for the whole year so they don't have to worry about travelling. That's just a way to encourage people to use public transport.

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby MissLT » Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:39 pm

Arale wrote:
No, I don't want to live in a society that we change one thing for another. People's consciousness and attitude of people are one of the factors to make up a Communist society, that is, I suppose, too far for us to reach. Thus, such a type of society will never exist. But I don't think of such a great issue. I just think free public transport is possible. It can be free in different ways. For instance, school buses and office buses are often free or very cheap. People can pay every month or even for the whole year so they don't have to worry about travelling. That's just a way to encourage people to use public transport.

_Arale_

Trading is different than changing. And nothing is free, period. We will eventually pay for things, even you said so in your post. Therefore, I don't get why you're still hoping for free stuff when you know it's impossible.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Hardi » Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:21 pm

Free transport don't make anything better. Actually I wanna more special roads for bicycle and also secured parking places for bicycles. In my town is no one... or at least I don't know none... Traffic is today too danger for bicycle and I can't let my bicycle nowhere, because of thieves. And it's also needed to educate drivers better to drive.. and also to care about nature, owning a big car with big engine is lame.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:59 am

Hardi wrote:Free transport don't make anything better. Actually I wanna more special roads for bicycle and also secured parking places for bicycles. In my town is no one... or at least I don't know none... Traffic is today too danger for bicycle and I can't let my bicycle nowhere, because of thieves. And it's also needed to educate drivers better to drive.. and also to care about nature, owning a big car with big engine is lame.

:shock: You guys don't have a small line for bicycles next to the ones for the cars?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Hardi » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:42 am

we have some, but that's not enough.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions