EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Gender Gap in Cyberspace

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Gender Gap in Cyberspace

Postby harvester » Tue Dec 27, 2005 6:38 pm

Do you think that men and women have gender gap in Cyberspace? I've read in a reading book and they analyzed rather clear this. Men want to force computers to submit. Women just want computers to work. They mean men are excited by the new technology and try to find out the way to solve the problem on computer. While women don't care much about it.
Me, too. If my computer has faults, I have my brother repair it. I am not excited by tinkering with the technology, grappling with the challenge of eliminating bugs but my brother is.
And how about you?
harvester
Gold Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:20 am

I don't know. Most the girls I know know little to nothing about computers, including me :oops: . Well, we know how to turn the da*n thing on and off, get online to check email and send messages, chat, etc. Besides all those things, we're amateurs. I used to know how to use AutoCAD when I was in the engineering academy in high school, but now I've forgotten how to use it. It was one of my proud moments about computer :lol: :lol: .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby harvester » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:17 pm

LennyeTran wrote:I don't know. Most the girls I know know little to nothing about computers, including me :oops: . Well, we know how to turn the da*n thing on and off, get online to check email and send messages, chat, etc. Besides all those things, we're amateurs. I used to know how to use AutoCAD when I was in the engineering academy in high school, but now I've forgotten how to use it. It was one of my proud moments about computer :lol: :lol: .

Yes, "proud of you" LennyeTran"! :) According to the result of the reasearchers, men are more interested in technology than women. I think so. A large of students who are good at information technology are male. Similarly, men tend to outperform women in math involving abstract concepts of space, relationship andtheory. Men and women have different ways to solve the same problem. Science is searching for an answer and they have presented some fascinating possibilities. Men and women are not alike because the structures of their brains are diffierent. :roll:
harvester
Gold Member

Postby FIVER » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:51 am

I think men ARE more interested in fixing the computers. When I was in my computer networking course, structures class, out of 20 students there were only two females in there, including me. As for me I like to fix whatever is wrong with my computer by myself and it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm the only person in this apartment that knows anything about computers. :wink: I still like doing it anyway.
FIVER
Platinum Member

Postby MissLT » Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:56 am

FIVER wrote:I think men ARE more interested in fixing the computers. When I was in my computer networking course, structures class, out of 20 students there were only two females in there, including me. As for me I like to fix whatever is wrong with my computer by myself and it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm the only person in this apartment that knows anything about computers. :wink: I still like doing it anyway.

Yeah, like my brother. He loves to fix things. He opens everything from inside out, and he hasn't been able to put most of them back.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Return to Ideas and Opinions