EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

nature protection

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

nature protection

Postby hereiam » Tue Dec 27, 2005 9:59 pm

Hello:)

People from all over the world has gathered here to chat in English and exchange their different opinions and views:)
I would like to get know if you can explain to me what is nature protection, what is done in your countries to protect nature and what do you do to protect biodiversity - your ideas/opinions/maybe some links?
Next- how nature protection is taught in your countries? Who teaches it? And what you think about quality and practical usage of aquired knowledge.
What forms of nature protection are in your countries? National parks, reserves, monuments of nature? something more?
remember -nature protection isn't environmental protection.
It isn't the same!!!
Thank you for all answers (if any):)
Loves from Poland:)
hereiam
Gold Member

Postby shokin » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:08 pm

Hello !

what I do for proctecting the nature :

- I think before buying and consuming
- I favorize recycled and recyclable products.
- I take care with what I have.
- I order the scraps.
- I put off the light and machines when not used.
- I encourage people to think about...

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

I know what you want to say,

Postby hereiam » Tue Dec 27, 2005 10:12 pm

but Switzerland is a very specific country. Nethertheless two national parks there, too!:)
but you are very wise. Great:)
and I think you must have any monuments of nature.
Probably it is task to me to check it:)
Thank you shokin for your long answer that explains us everything:)
hereiam
Gold Member

Re: I know what you want to say,

Postby shokin » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:42 am

hereiam wrote:Thank you shokin for your long answer that explains us everything:)

You're welcome !

but... I did avoid make a longer answer :lol: (avoiding boring you all :? you all know that I am a green and sovereignist)

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby Oriani » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:10 am

As my country is the 10th one of the biggest in Biodiversity, we have to be careful with our beaches, forest and animals!!! The better way to keep it safelly is loving our places, our country and ourselves!

PS: I know I'm sometimes kinda of silly, hehehe :?
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

hello young people here:)

Postby hereiam » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:32 pm

Who were kind to answer my question.
OK - one national park in Switzerland. I don't know they know what is reserve or monument of nature.
What shokin wrote bit earlier is so called ecological thinking/lifestyle - it can be put into environmental protection probably but it is far from what I supposed to read here.
The girl from Venezuela coped much better with the task.
Nevertheless - thank you both for your answers.
Maybe next readers follow you?
I trust in your knowledge:)
hereiam
Gold Member

Re: hello young people here:)

Postby shokin » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:57 pm

hereiam wrote:What shokin wrote bit earlier is so called ecological thinking/lifestyle - it can be put into environmental protection probably but it is far from what I supposed to read here.

Do you want me to write more concretly ?

The more concretly the more local the more it depends on the country.

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Re: hello young people here:)

Postby Oriani » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:06 pm

hereiam wrote:Who were kind to answer my question.
OK - one national park in Switzerland. I don't know they know what is reserve or monument of nature.
What shokin wrote bit earlier is so called ecological thinking/lifestyle - it can be put into environmental protection probably but it is far from what I supposed to read here.
The girl from Venezuela coped much better with the task.
Nevertheless - thank you both for your answers.
Maybe next readers follow you?
I trust in your knowledge:)

Thank u so much.. :) It's because now I'm studying that in college.. AMBIENTAL EDUCATION is one of my subject although I'm an English teacher trainee...!!! So here is taugh that kind of subjects..(we need it, we need to know about the place we live at and caring our planet) At last somebody agrees with my post! :?

By the Way, I forgot to say something... What exactly do u want to know?? I mean, In my country there are several National Parks, National Monuments, and Nature Recerves...Now, There are 3 coorporation which principal Main is protect our Nature Parks and the Biodiversity of my Country...

keep in touch just in case u want to know a little bit about the Ideas are used and done here so that we can keep the Life in our country in Biodiversity!! Have u heard about the HENRI PITTIER national park in Venezuela???? I'd like u to know about it.. I hope u like it!

See u! :P
Oriani

Henri Pitter?

Postby hereiam » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:35 am

I have never heard about this guy!:(
Who was he?
Well... in Poland we have 22 national parks. The oldest is Białowieża National Park (Polish Yeallowstone but quite different landscape - forests in Białowieża).
Besides we have over 100 nature parks, over 1000 reservs of nature and numerous other forms of nature protection (monuments of nature including) but our nature isn't in best condition still:(
Why or why? Hard to say.
Besides these all forms with accession to EU structures new appeared. The most know is a programme Nature 2000.
Of course any European Union in Venezuela but it is wrothy to say that International Peak - Conference in 1992 concerning the most important worldwide regulations at the area of nature protection was held in Rio de Janeiro in 1992.
Poland signed there a lot of things but in daily routine most of them are simply neglected. :(
hereiam
Gold Member

error correcting

Postby hereiam » Fri Dec 30, 2005 9:37 am

not the most know only the most knowN of course:)
plus some minor as usual:)
hereiam
Gold Member

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions