EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

how to estimate who is your perfect half??

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

how to estimate who is your perfect half??

Postby takeshi » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:36 am

i have a boyfriend--not handsome who is the same age of mine,and he earns fewer money than i ,which caused by his lower rank of certificate of university.
my parents think he won't be my future husband by the gap we had in financial condition.they want to find a guy who is several years older than me,then the guy will take good care of me in the future life.
and the friend surrounded me have the same opinions.they thought i deserve a better guy.
but we get together for 3-4 years till now from my college.i found very comfortable when i be with him.he will make me laught by his stupic jokes.i like him just as he becomes my intimate family member.i don't think that is love now.and i think i will dump him while i find a better guy.
although i think that is very cruel and indifferent,i can not give my rest life to this man who lacks of sense of security.
but compare love with "bread",which is more important??and how to estimate who is your perfect half??
need your advice !! :cry:
takeshi
Silver Member

Postby Shazzam » Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:55 am

I realise the culture in your country is very different from mine.

I personally feel no matter what country you live in, or what your family and friends say, you need to follow your heart.

It sounds to me like you are talking yourself out of loving this guy! :roll: Why :?: Because of money :?:

:idea: When you die they don't put what money you have in a coffin with you. Unless you are an Egyptian Pharoh. :roll:

The other thing is where are the shops in heaven? I don't know if they have any?

You have to consider what is important while you are alive. Take it from me love is on the top of my list. Finding your soul mate only happens once, so add it up! :wink:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby SleepyTear » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:07 am

:!: First I should say I am a Chinese,too :!:
:!: Second I find the kind of lady like you :arrow: disgusting...

I am just seeking for a girl who is unlike you :idea:

Maybe I am insane :idea: Everyone loves money more than love here :!: Go damn!!!
SleepyTear

Postby takeshi » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:35 pm

i think most of people who watched the text consider me as a money mind girl.and i do have the same feeling,too.
but i do want to express the situation between my bf and me.
firstly,i don't mind his salary is lower than mine.what i consider is his career prospect.i can predict the obstales during our marriage for we encounter different people through our job.then our will have different outlooks of life which make us not keep the same pace to develop.
and my bf is the same age of mine.it is said that boy's thought is less mature than girl's while they are at the same age.and i found such kind of thing true.
anyway,i cannot tell the specific situation between he and me.and i do agree that love can beat everything.
takeshi
Silver Member

Postby cloudbed » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:36 pm

it is easy to love someone ,but marrying is another thing.
i wish i sleep on my bed,i wish i lay on the cloudbed,i wish i have nothing to think about,i wish...
cloudbed
Silver Member

Postby quicksilver » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:15 am

Actually, i dont understand much your case.And i have some questions for you: Is he just your friend or more than a friend?Do you have a special affection with him? And what about him? Does he love you ?
we get together for 3-4 years till now from my college.i found very comfortable when i be with him.he will make me laught by his stupic jokes.i like him just as he becomes my intimate family member.

I have to tell you that isnt love, just friend.You yourself already found that.But i have to question you: did their opinion affect your decision, your thought?
i don't think that is love now
That means you used to think it is love?And he did , too?I find that your attitude was not clear.I think firslty you should ask yourself bout your sentiment with him: Dont you really love him , or just friend? You have to answer honestly.Then tell him about your thought.Dont let money affect your love.

SleepyTear wrote

Second I find the kind of lady like you disgusting

I think you are judging her so quickly!She has friends, family...and she cant ignore their advices.

takeshi wrote
it is said that boy's thought is less mature than girl's while they are at the same age.and i found such kind of thing true

Yeah, most of cases are true but not all the cases, there're many ppl are much more mature than their ages and others dont.It depends on his own situation.

Shazzam
Take it from me love is on the top of my list
Maybe Shazzam is right cos she herself had experience.
To me: money , career are both important .But think twice, you can love anyone without any reason , just cos of your heart , your feeling.And do as it tells.

To this prb , i think each ppl has their own idea, and as i remember that we discussed bout this.Admiral is also from China and let see his thought bout this.His thought is very different from SleepyTear. They are your different characters, i have no idea.
quicksilver
Gold Member

Postby takeshi » Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:21 am

i fell in love with him,but it is 2-3years ago.now i think we keep an intimate relationship between each other.the closer we get,the less spark we have.
we exprienced something together.i think i will miss the scene of the street we walked together when we seperate.not to mention other memory we share.i precious the days during i be with him.
however,i found the surrounding of us changed,and we have different exprience now.we have different opinions on certain things.although we still fall,but no more spark like a quiet surface of the lake.
takeshi
Silver Member

Postby quicksilver » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:46 am

takeshi wrote:i think i will miss the scene of the street we walked together when we seperate.not to mention other memory we share.i precious the days during i be with him.

Your memories are so sweet!That means you used to love him so much .But now as you said , everything has changed.You dont love him anymore cos of your differrent opinions.As you said , you separated from your boyfriend? Everything ended!!!!!!!
So what is your problem here?
quicksilver
Gold Member

Postby SleepyTear » Thu Jan 12, 2006 10:19 am

I think you are judging her so quickly!She has friends, family...and she cant ignore their advices.

Maybe I am an extreme creature, but I have to say I find most of us Chinese disgusting. People are economically-minded. But I am different! I follow my heart!

it is said that boy's thought is less mature than girl's while they are at the same age.and i found such kind of thing true

To your disappointment! I am seventeen. How about you!?

And as another case, I think that human beings are fickle. It's natural and unchangeable.

Marriage is really different from falling love. So I am planning to stay single but still write love letters to girls in my class :shock:
SleepyTear

Postby takeshi » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:21 am

quicksilver wrote:
takeshi wrote:i think i will miss the scene of the street we walked together when we seperate.not to mention other memory we share.i precious the days during i be with him.

As you said , you separated from your boyfriend? Everything ended!!!!!!!
So what is your problem here?

i haven't split up with him now.we are still together
takeshi
Silver Member

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions