EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Would you like to be famous?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby Shazzam » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:48 pm

illusion wrote:
turkishselin wrote:
hahhaa lol but God can't die actually, can He? at least not in my religion (I'm a Christian)

can I ask a question please? I m sorry I don't want to make bad things but I wanna ask this questions. why do u say He to GOD? why don't u say it instead he. do u know it's gender ? (I m a Muslim person so I wondered it don't understand me wrong please)

it's ok. Well in my religion God is Jesus and Jesus is a man wich means he can't be a woman therefore I used He to speak about God. I know in other religion the gender isn't defined but here, where I live we all believe that God is a man...

Exactly! Jesus was a man and we refer to his father (Jesus being the son of God). 8)
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Wed Jan 18, 2006 10:45 am

turkishselin wrote:I don't wanna be a famous person because in Turkey it s very difficult. if u r a famous person u haven't a private life. u can't be free so I don't wanna it

Now that I think of it, I don't know about any famous Turkish person :roll:
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby turkishselin » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:47 am

it's ok. Well in my religion God is Jesus and Jesus is a man wich means he can't be a woman therefore I used He to speak about God. I know in other religion the gender isn't defined but here, where I live we all believe that God is a man...

I m sorry I have a lot of Christian friends and they belief Jesus is GOD's son and they always don't say "he" they say "it" because they say we don't know GOD's gender so I asked this question I 'm sorry.

Now that I think of it, I don't know about any famous Turkish person

Hi! I think you must know Sertap Erener she won eurovision. and also you must know Tarkan :wink:
turkishselin
Silver Member

Postby illusion » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:49 pm

turkishselin wrote:

I m sorry I have a lot of Christian friends and they belief Jesus is GOD's son and they always don't say "he" they say "it" because they say we don't know GOD's gender so I asked this question I 'm sorry.

Now that I think of it, I don't know about any famous Turkish person

Hi! I think you must know Sertap Erener she won eurovision. and also you must know Tarkan :wink:

oh yeah I remember her. She was awesome...and Tarkan's music sounded nice too.
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby turkishselin » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:01 pm

I know only two lodz singer

Edyta Gorniak and Kayah :wink:
turkishselin
Silver Member

Postby illusion » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:19 pm

turkishselin wrote:I know only two lodz singer

Edyta Gorniak and Kayah :wink:

oh yeah they're polish but to be honest I like none of them. I think Edyta has an amazing voice but her songs aren't that good and Kayah should retire...she's not the kind of musician I like...
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Re: Would you like to be famous?

Postby moneymind » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:46 pm

flowerece wrote:Would you like to be famous? What are the advantages and disadvantages of fame?

Woh! It is hard to answer simply yes or no. There is reality that people who say no doing everything daily to get richer & more famous. Basically all people want to be recognized. They want to be famous. BUT it is also depend on what situation of the people. The starve in Africa do not want to be famous. What they need are food & essential thing for their life. But you may want that. If you have ever heard about Maslow Pyramid, then you can understand well why people want to be famous? and you may find the answer yourself.

http://www.giftcertificatecenter.com/eN ... yramid.jpg
moneymind

Postby Romantic » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:57 pm

Famous is all about money, but can i find what i'm looking for... 8)
Romantic
Gold Member

Postby shokin » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:31 pm

From the moment that you are looking for money, money has caught you. :lol: :twisted: :lol:

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby moneymind » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:29 am

Romantic wrote:Famous is all about money, but can i find what i'm looking for... 8)

It is true BUT not absolutely. It does not mean the richer is the more famous.
moneymind

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions