EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Would you like to be famous?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby shokin » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:57 am

Before making someone famous, think that, by this way, you can put this person in danger.

You put this person a big pression.

If this person become a "model" or a "cliché", there is the threaten of the sterotyp (and/or prejudice).

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby moneymind » Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:47 pm

shokin wrote:Before making someone famous, think that, by this way, you can put this person in danger.

If this person become a "model" or a "cliché", there is the threaten of the sterotyp (and/or prejudice).

Shokin

Sorry! But I do not catch you
moneymind

Postby illusion » Fri Feb 03, 2006 4:32 pm

I think I wouldn't mind the pressure at all. Being a role model can be a lot of fun and even if the press and the media would bug me I wouldn't just give a damn about it. lol :P
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

fame

Postby tikay » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:53 am

To be famous would not be so bad if it were for a good reason, I would love to be well known in some country and not in others, that would mean privacy in some places right?

I would not mind winning the Nobel Prize for Peace for instance but ...only if I deserved it completely!
I know famous people and some are not at all bothered by it and use it to their, or others, benefit.
I think I would enjoy it to be famous...I do not fear it...that is for sure. If one was raised with goals that include fame is that so wrong?
I wanted to play drums...then to sing in a band...then I wanted fame as an artist, and now for literature possibly, a great writer in time or for humanitarian acts...so

I think my goals always included some fame and recognition.
It comes with power, which I like more than money. I should like to say where to put the solar panels, the wind turbines and the wells, that I have purchased with much of my dough...for people who need them.

Fame is power and recognition for not being mundane. I am tired of having no power to change things. Intellect allows for fame... and just look at what the famous do for our planet!
The Bonos and Angelina Jolies...they really rock! (the boat) :D

8) :twisted: :) :P :? :lol: :o :shock: :D :oops: :cry: :roll: :wink: :oops: :? :shock: :) :lol: 8)
tikay
Platinum Member

Postby shokin » Wed Feb 15, 2006 1:06 pm

moneymind wrote:
shokin wrote:Before making someone famous, think that, by this way, you can put this person in danger.

Shokin

Sorry! But I do not catch you

When you make someone famous, you make people expecting more from this person. Then, this person risks to be idealized. Many people discuss more of this person and forget to talk about themselves. Moreover you give this person a big pression. If she act badly, "shame on her". Especially with desinforming media !

The danger of stereotyps are :

- excessive generalization
- taking for a model someone who is not
- this model give you a "social pression" : if I am not so, I get excluded (false but frequent reasoning)
- stigmatizing people having the same attributs as those of the person that you consider as a model (or a contra-model)
- having a false vision / paradigms of the reality

I don't know well the subject in english (speak french) ut I just now found this link.

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby illusion » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:07 pm

being an 'ordinary' person it would be a nice change to see what lifes of the famous are like :)
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Ika » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:17 pm

I don't want to be famous. I want to be needed.
"To know nothing is bad, to learn nothing is worse."
Ika
Silver Member

Postby fahrenheit » Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:21 pm

Well i think being a star has positive and negative aspects. I would like to be needed it gives me a pleasure of my poor life. It is very fun to be famous and if you famous you are needed. You are needed for million reasons, but the most imprtant of which is money. If you have sufficiently money, you needed to many people
becouse of your money. I want to be rich very rich, the rischest man even could ever existed in the planet and powerful. Ohh I love it......
fahrenheit

Re: Would you like to be famous?

Postby Annaa » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:15 am

Hmmmm maybe sometimes I`d like.
It`s nice when people like you,give you flowers,say good words 4u.But it`s bad to be followed always,to be in the centre of attention and everyone to know about your personal life.
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
Annaa
Rough Diamond Member

Re: Would you like to be famous?

Postby denvinbo » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:07 pm

I dont want to be famous...it's mean that I'm the centre of looking.....I want to be a normal part...but another parts cant do something without me......That's all...............
Hey! I'm stuck! Get me out!

PIETY-The stories of parents and children
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions