EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Being abandoned in an isolated island

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Being abandoned in an isolated island

Postby harvester » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:04 pm

If you were abandoned in an isolated island. What would you do to survive? Could you share your ideas with me, please! :? :)
I think I'd better look for something to eat, eating to live, the longer the better. And I'll be there until some ship across. I'll call it to save me.
harvester
Gold Member

Postby quicksilver » Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:58 am

Do you want to become Robinson :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
quicksilver
Gold Member

Postby harvester » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:14 am

quicksilver wrote:Do you want to become Robinson :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, of course I don't want to become Robinson :D I just ask you how to survive if you were in that case. :)
harvester
Gold Member

abandoned in a isolated island

Postby keko » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:33 am

Well the Robinson Crusoe true story took place in "isla Juan Fernández", a small island located a short distance from the chilean coast, my country.and those were the facts that inspired Daniel Defoe to write his book.
Going to he point, I think that water is the key to survive,I mean drinkable water because fish and shellfish will always be able to be obtained from the see.
I hope you are rescued
keko
Silver Member

Postby Golfygirl » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:25 am

There is alot to think about here. Wow! Where do I begin, sleep, eat, drink? Thats all we need to humanly survive. The rest is enjoyment. The sound of the ocean would be pleasurable. The sunsets would be wonderfully heart warming. Moonlit nights are inchanting and can put you in a dream like state. And then there's swimming, I love that. There would be peace and thats for sure. There would be painfully lonelyness that would overwhelm you at times. You would learn quickly how to build a fire without a lighter or match. A burning fire outside is glorious for the soul.
Golfygirl
Silver Member

Postby illusion » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:35 pm

oh I hate that thought of being on an isolated island. I love other people way too much!!!! :lol:
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Golfygirl » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:44 pm

illusion wrote:oh I hate that thought of being on an isolated island. I love other people way too much!!!! :lol:

I can be around people also, but I just really am a ding bat, cause I like to listen and I certainly have a good sence of humor. I enjoy listening to other people. For some unknown Godly reason, I am just simply not a talker. Unfortunately, if your not a talker, your not considered a people person. Most people don't want you around if you don't talk. Also, a lot of the time a person like me will become the butt of a joke. I just simply don't retain knowlegeable conversation stuff.

I am a quiet person. I am like my Grandfather that way. He was a quiet gentle man. Don't get me wrong--I am not stupid.
God just made me to be more of a listener than a talker, I guess.

I enjoy nature and being outside. Being outside gives me enjoyment and peace. I love to watch the clouds drift. I love sunsets. I love to hear the birds sing. I like to watch the squirls.

Good on you!! that your a talker. I wish I was a big talker :lol:
Golfygirl
Silver Member

Postby illusion » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:59 pm

Golfygirl wrote:
illusion wrote:oh I hate that thought of being on an isolated island. I love other people way too much!!!! :lol:

I can be around people also, but I just really am a ding bat, cause I like to listen and I certainly have a good sence of humor. I enjoy listening to other people. For some unknown Godly reason, I am just simply not a talker. Unfortunately, if your not a talker, your not considered a people person. Most people don't want you around if you don't talk. Also, a lot of the time a person like me will become the butt of a joke. I just simply don't retain knowlegeable conversation stuff.

I am a quiet person. I am like my Grandfather that way. He was a quiet gentle man. Don't get me wrong--I am not stupid.
God just made me to be more of a listener than a talker, I guess.

I enjoy nature and being outside. Being outside gives me enjoyment and peace. I love to watch the clouds drift. I love sunsets. I love to hear the birds sing. I like to watch the squirls.

Good on you!! that your a talker. I wish I was a big talker :lol:

oh I think it's good to be a good listener...I love to listen to people too esp when I feel they need it and it gives them some sort of comfort but I think I like talking much more. It's just such a pleasant thing to do: chatting to people! :D don't worry Golfygirl, your posts in here make me rather think of you as a good talker as well. You always write long responses. Good for you :)
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby harvester » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:20 pm

Golfygirl wrote:There is alot to think about here. Wow! Where do I begin, sleep, eat, drink? Thats all we need to humanly survive. The rest is enjoyment. The sound of the ocean would be pleasurable. The sunsets would be wonderfully heart warming. Moonlit nights are inchanting and can put you in a dream like state. And then there's swimming, I love that. There would be peace and thats for sure. There would be painfully lonelyness that would overwhelm you at times. You would learn quickly how to build a fire without a lighter or match. A burning fire outside is glorious for the soul.

I really like your solution, some other one said that coming down and enjoy the travel around the island. It's funny but I like this answer. In this situation, If we were frightened you wouldn't solve the problem effectively. we'd better be calm and find a good solution for ourselves. Do you think so?
harvester
Gold Member

Postby shokin » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:38 pm

I would see what I have on this Island. I would walk, search...

When you are in a situation, you don't ask yourself so many questions.

I would not want suffer of the lonelyness, so I would sleep and dream that I am not alone. :lol:

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions