EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Some important tips for you

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

tips for boys and men

Postby tikay » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:06 pm

My friends and I have decided that with the changes going on in the ways girls & guys hook up...the ways we meet and learn about one another...that we should make a guide for the new man....
some important factors would be:
A) To actually really try to be interested in our thoughts instead of just pretending, when you pretend! (we can see right through that!)
B)...and stop staring at (our) breasts when we are serious about something... trying to discuss it...and dont stop looking at our breasts/bodies when we are in that mood too!
C)tell us everything that might lead to a break-up if we are involved, (for crying out loud) and tell it sooner than later because we may want to have the chance to come up with a solution to the problem...we are smart you know, and deserve to fight for you , so...dont just leave one day saying "you never really tried!" (know what I am sayin'?)
D) Let us love you...if you cant accept what we are giving we wont be able to give it...so get in touch with yourself, and let us in.
that is a good start if you ask me!
laters for E,F,G...
tikay
Platinum Member

Postby Admiral » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:08 pm

:lol: thanks very much, I'm very interested in E) F) G)
Admiral

E F & G for you guys, esp Admiral...for asking!

Postby tikay » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:50 pm

E) Everyone deserves to be treated with a decent measure of respect...this goes double if you want to get a girl into your life...bed, apartment...or marriage! So don't think it is okay to ignore them, be abusive or not be helpful when we need some help...even if it means we need muscle, like even when we are moving across town. (dont be too busy when it counts)

F) For crying out loud make sure you want us when you start the court and spark...make sure you are sure you are not still floundering in indecision...then tell us you are there for us, and do little things that prove this!

G) Get interested. If you dont like poetry but it is her favorite hobby...best to decide to want to read it and decide to try to like it....same with any other thing she is really into...unless it is girls night out and...stop worrying about girls night out if you are doing all the other a's b's and c's...she is not going to be leaving....while you are trying so hard. (We are caring that way)

one more for the road?

H) hello! some relationships are meant to be and some take a lot of effort....energy is higher for her if you keep yourself in fairly good shape and that means mellow on the indulging in things leading to your ill health.... for instance if you are meeting on the beach early Saturday mornings for the volley-ball game maybe you should drink Saturday night instead of Friday...you did want to see her new bikini did you not?
(you say....but I always drink on Fridays... oh! stop complaining, most girls don't like whiners!)

love to all... :twisted: :lol:
tikay
Platinum Member

Postby Admiral » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:40 pm

thank you very very much!

So, I try to say it again in simple words, to let more people having a profit from this thread. I think this is really very important.

A) be interested in her thoughts
B) be serious when she is serious, look at her breasts if not
C) give her the solution to stop a break up before one stops
D) let her love oneself
E) respect her. don't ignore her, don't be abusive or not helpful
F) do little things to prove that one is there for her
G) be interested in her hobby
H) displace the time of the own hobby to meet with her
Admiral

to Admiral....

Postby tikay » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:24 pm

I am going to write this down as i write it to you and hope that this is as good as the stuff I submitted before.

I was saying that I wake up in the morning and the whole process of getting out of bed takes about twenty minutes...i listen to the pidgins in my window...they purr to me and we sometimes have a little banter...(smile)
i begin to think about things....this morning I thought of things that i could write in here like ....
our favorite pet names for the people we love and care about...that would be a fun post right? (like I call my daughter sarah-berrys among others, while a friend (once) calls her little girl juice-box..
then I was thinking that I might post another thread about words we make up,
excuse me for a minute.......
tikay
Platinum Member

then...

Postby tikay » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:30 pm

then i was just lolling for a bit...streching/yawning/smiling...
and then hugging sarah my little girl who got sick in the night...at some point i touched her and she was feverish, so i knew she was getting what-ever my son is sick with...I hugged her and asked the gods to be easy on her, to let the illness last for just a short visit....and then i decided which book to read...Pema...Chodron, i read where I had left off, after a random opening...i use random openings like a horoscope.
Then i was thinking about including some of her wisdom in my advice to you...with my own words of course...which I did.

Then i was in the shower thinking about how I could add some good ideas for these posts again and i was wondering what i could say next to you and to anyone who should happen in here to read this...

then I was out and down the stairs to collect the cup of strong coffee we drink around here...and over to this box to write while some things were still fresh in my mind...(thinking that they would not be erased)LOL :lol: :D :) :shock: :evil: :evil: :shock: :? :) :) :P :
:lol:
tikay
Platinum Member

so on to the advise....now

Postby tikay » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:51 pm

J)Just be yourself...good things should follow. There is way too much pretentious-ness in the world...people pretending to be this, pretending to be that....and not enough of just being the you that you really truly are. The person you know yourself to be...hard and soft side...the weak and the strong combine to make the man....that is sexy, that is nice.
Even if this means you choke up when you see children starving or something eqaually heart-rending on the tele...just go ahead and choke up...we all do when no one is watching.
Some of us do when they are and no one laughs at us...at least not without thinking about it later...and allowing themselves to be more honest too.
Last edited by tikay on Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tikay
Platinum Member

now I will be ever more clever about posting...(smile)

Postby tikay » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:58 pm

K) Kill your evil side. Because we all have one but we don't have to let it out of the cage so often, do we really? I mean it is okay to be irreverant at times...to be obnoxious and all that, at the appropriate times, in the right company. Your first date with someone may not be the best time to bully that homeless fellow...that is totally wrong anytime... but c'mon if your going to be a jerk save it for the few who know you are also kind....or save it til she knows you are a good guy too. And if your smart you wont be a bully to her ever because a smart woman will leave you so fast your head will still be spinning on the morning of the next day....hehehey i am not kidding...
tikay
Platinum Member

This may be as good as the last post lost...I try.

Postby tikay » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:06 pm

L) Love people...love animals and love things....there is something that people tend to do called personification, ladies and girls seem to do it best...we notice the life in things....and we give them or notice them with their personality, such as a plant a stuffed animal, a favorite piece of furniture...like you do with your car...giving your car a name is not silly it is sweet...so we do that with our things and they are actually a part of life's flow so...they are living....see quantum physics.
Anyway...simply put the more you give the more you get love...so love every little thing.
Q:But should I love the things that are bad, such as the evil in peole at times????
A:yes love the broken heart of the person, honey because they are broken...they need much love
Q:should I love the one who abuses me then?
A: they are your greatest teachers are they not? you decide...
tikay
Platinum Member

M...mmmmhhhhuuuunnnnnyyyyyy

Postby tikay » Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:16 pm

M) Money? Money is really a quandry. Do you have too little? Do you have too much? Is it just right for you?
Do you live a life of chosen poverty.... are you rolling in the stuff?
Just think a little more about money and what it may gain for you. Decide how much for love...and how much on booze?
also
do you spend too much on the things you think you are supposed to?
Do you spend enough on the things that make you happy?
Do you waste too much on needless things that make you unhappy? (for instance on drugs alcohol or over eating?) Money should be seen as the gift we are given when we work....use it wisely. If you love a girl put her in your budget. Will you buy her things she likes and take her all over with ease? Will you hold a grudge about every penny spent on her...or try to be cheap when you are with her? (Is what you are keeping it for, better than the love you share?)
Again you get what you give.
Weigh things out a bit.
I am not cheap when it comes to men... so I don't deserve to have them being cheap when they are with me. Period.
(we spend a bit to look good for you guys too believe me)
Question your previous ideas about money. Re-examine...now spend it well.
oh it has so much....so much to do with the ladies....
do you have nothing in your place but a coffee table full of beer cans and ashtrays? A dirty sofa you brought in from the street? Is it about time to fix up that den of bachelorhood?
Value yourself and others& use money wisely.

change your thinking about the cost of living....with a girlfriend.
tikay
Platinum Member

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions