EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Some important tips for you

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Re: to Admiral....

Postby Golfygirl » Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:18 am

tikay wrote:I am going to write this down as i write it to you and hope that this is as good as the stuff I submitted before.

I was saying that I wake up in the morning and the whole process of getting out of bed takes about twenty minutes...i listen to the pidgins in my window...they purr to me and we sometimes have a little banter...(smile)
i begin to think about things....this morning I thought of things that i could write in here like ....
our favorite pet names for the people we love and care about...that would be a fun post right? (like I call my daughter sarah-berrys among others, while a friend (once) calls her little girl juice-box..
then I was thinking that I might post another thread about words we make up,
excuse me for a minute.......

quote to: Tikay and Admiral
Just marvelous! Ya'll are very good writers. I am new to the english club. I can see I am going to have alot of interesting examples to follow. Sorry, but my english is elementary, but am hoping to get better. Ok? :D Thanks for giving me good reading.
Golfygirl
Silver Member

Thanks...

Postby tikay » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:13 am

Hello there! You are welcome to add your ideas on love too!
I am just here practicing my writing and making a few friends.
Nice of you to give us a compliment.Dont worry about the spelling or any bad english that is why you just come here and practice! I was born in Tennessee.
tikay
Platinum Member

definition of real love

Postby Admiral » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:18 pm

From Paracelsus (not from me):
Who doesn't know, he doesn't love.
Who can't do anything, doesn't know anything.
But who knows,
he loves, notices and also sees.
The more knowledge one has,
the greater is the love.
Who thinks that all fruits will be ripe at the same time with the strawberries,
he doesn't understand anything of the grapes.

Human being is very depressed. They have to work hard to earn their living, to care for their chidren, their wife. They don't only have to earn money, they have to work fastly, buy a house, buy a car, like if there is an invisible hand controlling them.
In such a society, people will feel that all love is taken away from them, so he feels lonely. And whenever he feels lonely, he dreams of a girl who will stand beside him, encouraging him for going on.
So, the need of human being is not to be lonely. He will search "the other part of him", to feel complete.
And that is love.

But love is not the showing of childishness.
It is not that one makes himself to an individable part of another one, like: He is everything, I am nothing, nothing else than a part of him. With this attitude, he gives up his own individuality, he makes himself to an instrument of the other, to a thing beyond himself.
It is not that one makes another one to an individable part of himself. He wants to get rid of his loneliness by doing it, but as a consequence he will be dependant from the one he controls, the same as the one he controls will be dependent on him.

Real love is a coalition, where the own person is kept.
Love will let him feel complete, and to be himself at the same time.
That is real love, whether you love a girl, or you love football, your job, or anything else.
Last edited by Admiral on Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Admiral

Postby Admiral » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:29 pm

(same with me, I was born in China)
Admiral

Admiral!

Postby tikay » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:09 pm

Funny ...i had no idea where you were from!
China.wow...One of my very,very favorite people in the world is (in Hawaii) Hawaiian-Chinese-Caucasion....his name is Godfrey.
I was sort of wondering where you were from...but did not think to ask you. I told Golfygirl..where I was born... because I am from the same sort of place as she is, Tennessee is the next state up from Georgia, in the south-east United States.
If she is from there, well, we will have a whole lot in common. If she is living there from somewhere else well...maybe not, but maybe we do.
The great thing is that you are becoming my buddy and I am enjoying myself getting to know everyone in here.

Today I wanted to add something to the list but i have to go out and see what letter I am at I believe it is O. Oh boy!
be right back!
tikay
Platinum Member

The letter O...

Postby tikay » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:25 pm

Admiral thanks for your post! That is good. I really like this thread.i think maybe it would be great if others were adding to it but this is good. They may add to it later. I am a little impatient especially for someone who is really laid back in so many other ways...my house is full of nice things but it is usually messy, not dirty but messy...everything clean but all over the place -especially books! Need a friend who likes to clean up my place ( I used to clean up all my friends houses.)

UH OH! It is O...
Are they going to consider it smut if I get racy???
How about this.
O) Just go to the site known as amazon dot com and put orgasm in the search engine box. Get one or two of these informative and fascinating books. ( 'nuf said )

Thats where I get most of my books anyway... because their books are very easy to afford when you are on a tight budget...but not the new titles...just the ones where there is great competion for barely used books, that are often just like new,these can be just a dollar or two and are still like new. I used to get many at thrift shops but that had so many less choices and they are more damaged usually.
love to everyone...your friend, -Tracey
tikay
Platinum Member

practice of real love

Postby Admiral » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:32 pm

But who knows,
the greater is the love.
(Why I quote this is because everything I say could be related to this poem)

As I talked about theory, now I talk about practise.

So, to be more precise: Only to think of oneself is also stupid.
There is a girl you like very much, then, according to the definition (see last post), you should
1. not deactivate your brain and
2. not deactivate her brain.

So, if you really want her, you should act rationally and you should also give her the chance to act rationally. There are 4 rules I repeat because I think it's stupid to say where you have to look at in tikay's post.

1. care for her
Why does somebody care for his car? -Because he owned hard-working money for it.
Why does somebody care for a plant? -Because he watered it every day and watched it growing big.
Somebody loves things for which he made an effort, and he makes effort for things he love. ( :mrgreen: So I don't often say that I love anyone)

2. feel responsible for her
I think I don't have to explain this. This is not a duty, but something voluntary. That means you have to know what she likes or what she wants, otherwise you don't have to wonder that she looks for somebody else.

3. respect her
That has nothing to do with fear of a monster, that is the ability to see the girl who she really is. That means that you really want to know about her, what she likes, what lacks she has, whether you are sure about her and so on.
However concerning a girl you mostly have to know about her emotional needs.
That also means that one himself has to be able to live independently, otherwise it will end in someone controlling someone else, or two blind persons running around somewhere. That's mostly why I'm against having sex at 14 or 15.

4. brake the imaginary picture
You know, some guys see a girl who is very very pretty, and they chase for her. Some girls see a boy who doesn't look good and have ugly stuff on, so they think he is reliable.
That's a very wrong attitude.
We have to brake this image, and to want her although this image is broken.
But I think we will be really stupid if we do 1.-3. to a person who we don't know that much, before whom there is still a prejudice of us.
Last edited by Admiral on Fri Jan 13, 2006 3:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Admiral

Postby Admiral » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:44 pm

tikay, you never know whose house is more messed up.
For example me. I normally have to search 2 until 3 hours to find my exercise books.
So if you come here to tidy up my flat, I will tidy up your house. Good offer?
Admiral

Dear Admiral...

Postby tikay » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:16 pm

That is just the best offer. It is my kind of thinking.
And the post before that is really great. Better than expected...no joke.
I think that we two may be able to say we started a good thread with this subject.
I am going to have to be honest I didn't expect so much understanding from you. i thought maybe yes, maybe no. It seems you understand so completely and now you are showing me even more...and you are just today...home depot and.....fixing up parts of the house. Keep up the writing you are good. I definately appreciate things like that. So please continue!
I am up very early because I have a whole lot to do and my tiny woke me... Sarah saying she needs to blow her nose...so she is a little bit sick again. I am going to have to go make her some tea now, she is all snuggely in the blanket and her Peter Pan (& Tinkerbell) movie is on and she is smiling at me.
I will be back with coffee and my P,Q,R's....or some.
bye 4 now
tikay
Platinum Member

Re: practice of real love

Postby Golfygirl » Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:14 pm

Admiral wrote:
But who knows,
the greater is the love.
(Why I quote this is because everything I say could be related to this poem)

As I talked about theory, now I talk about practise.

So, to be more precise: Only to think of oneself is also stupid.
There is a girl you like very much, then, according to the definition (see last post), you should
1. not deactivate your brain and
2. not deactivate her brain.

So, if you really want her, you should act rationally and you should also give her the chance to act rationally. There are 4 rules I repeat because I think it's stupid to say where you have to look at in tikay's post.

1. care for her
Why does somebody care for his car? -Because he owned hard-working money for it.
Why does somebody care for a plant? -Because he watered it every day and watched it growing big.
Somebody loves things for which he made an effort, and he makes effort for things he love. ( :mrgreen: So I don't often say that I love anyone)

2. feel responsible for her
I think I don't have to explain this. This is not a duty, but something voluntary. That means you have to know what she likes or what she wants, otherwise you don't have to wonder that she looks for somebody else.

3. respect her
That has nothing to do with fear of a monster, that is the ability to see the girl who she really is. That means that you really want to know about her, what she likes, what lacks she has, whether you are sure about her and so on.
However concerning a girl you mostly have to know about her emotional needs.
That also means that one himself has to be able to live independently, otherwise it will end in someone controlling someone else, or two blind persons running around somewhere. That's mostly why I'm against having sex at 14 or 15.

4. brake the imaginary picture
You know, some guys see a girl who is very very pretty, and they chase for her. Some girls see a boy who doesn't look good and have ugly stuff on, so they think he is reliable.
That's a very wrong attitude.
We have to brake this image, and to want her although this image is broken.
But I think we will be really stupid if we do 1.-3. to a person who we don't know that much, before whom there is still a prejudice of us.

Much thoughts here!!!!Talk about analyzing!!!It seems to me a very accurate picture!!!

I wish I had know all that before now in my life. Admiral and Tikay, ya'll are amazing.

What Admiral & Tikay has written is proof that a college education is needed in this life.

Remember my advice here!!!!If you want a short cut in life----GO TO COLLEGE!!

College will prepare you for the basic understandings of life and how to get along very well in this world we live in.

College will prepare you for things that will take you an entire lifetime to learn if you don't go to college.

Do you hear me? Do you comprehend? AN ENTIRE LIFETIME!!

Admiral---you are admirable :)
Golfygirl
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions