EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Some important tips for you

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby illusion » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:02 pm

oh you know I've also forgotten to add one tip that I always bear in mind which I stick to all of the time... Do whatever you want but make no harm to other people by your behaviour... I think it's a simple thing to remember and it does help a lot. I use that tip in everyday life, whatever I do I try to think of other people and the consequences of my actions...
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

S

Postby tikay » Wed Jan 18, 2006 11:36 pm

Shokin...this is dedicated to you.

S) Stay openminded.
Never think that you have all the answers because no one does. the more open you are to the person your trying to gain the love and admiration of, the more they are going to be open to you and your ideas too. It is usually the best way to enjoy the time spent together.

for Illusion.

T) If all else fails throw all the rules right out the window and wing it. There is no rule for every single situation. For some things the rules are meant to be bend/ bent...so dont think there is only one or two ways do accomplish the goal...there are countless answers to every situation.
So be here now. Be yourself.
tikay
Platinum Member

W)

Postby tikay » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:46 am

W) be willing to try new things. For instance I was watching some of the dating shows and I was suprised to see how many were very creative and how many were not. I was studying for one year, watching as many as I could find, those shows on the tele...now I wont watch them anymore, and I get it.

The creative ones held my attention while the others were really boring. Same with actual dating. Bar resturant are good for filling in but not the only things to do so....be creative and do various things...look in the telephone book and create a fun time including your interests. Like maybe go to a kickboxing class, a joke shop, and then to a dinner. This kind of thing.
tikay
Platinum Member

Re: S

Postby illusion » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:12 am

tikay wrote:
for Illusion.

T) If all else fails throw all the rules right out the window and wing it. There is no rule for every single situation. For some things the rules are meant to be bend/ bent...so dont think there is only one or two ways do accomplish the goal...there are countless answers to every situation.
So be here now. Be yourself.

thank you Tikay :) In fact I am always myself because I stick to another interesting rule that I heard in a beautiful song and it goes like that ''Don't forget to be the way you are'' in other words be yourself...but thanks again :)
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Thu Jan 19, 2006 2:25 pm

tikay wrote:Shokin I was not playing at big brother to anyone.

My advices were not addressed to you particularly but to everybody (even me).

Don't try to controll all the world.
Don't try to control the nature.
Don't try to control the others beings (that you love or don't love).

Try to control yourself.

To be admirated is not always a goal. :mrgreen:

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Re: tips for boys and men

Postby harvester » Thu Jan 19, 2006 5:32 pm

[quote="tikay"]My friends and I have decided that with the changes going on in the ways girls & guys hook up...the ways we meet and learn about one another...that we should make a guide for the new man....
some important factors would be:
A) To actually really try to be interested in our thoughts instead of just pretending, when you pretend! (we can see right through that!)
B)...and stop staring at (our) breasts when we are serious about something... trying to discuss it...and dont stop looking at our breasts/bodies when we are in that mood too!
C)tell us everything that might lead to a break-up if we are involved, (for crying out loud) and tell it sooner than later because we may want to have the chance to come up with a solution to the problem...we are smart you know, and deserve to fight for you , so...dont just leave one day saying "you never really tried!" (know what I am sayin'?)
D) Let us love you...if you cant accept what we are giving we wont be able to give it...so get in touch with yourself, and let us in.
that is a good start if you ask me!
laters for E,F,G...[/quote

I am sorry, Could you explain me the words "E,F,G". I have just read your post, maybe my English is still limited, so I can't understand all the ideas. But I try to read it slowly and more one times. Thank you,
harvester
Gold Member

Postby shokin » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:34 pm

E, F, G is a list of letters. He had announced A, B, C and D. A the first advice, B the second, etc.

EFG : English For Gentlemen ! :lol:

EFG : English, French, German ! the three languages that can speak easily.

EFG : End, Finish, Goal !

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby tikay » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:45 pm

Hi Harvester, Illusion, & Shokin...and all
I was happy to see more responses in this interesting post begun by my pal Admiral...(where are you buddy?)
anyway I want to say to harvester the next three letter in the English alphabet were the e the f the g. Shokin is a little confusing for you maybe? (Be nice :lol: shokin) hahahah.
You are all so funny and nice. I like this forum very much. I think I will have to not throw the computer out the window anymore. Love everybody. I am doing a book review in amazon.com right now but :wink: i will be back.
tikay
Platinum Member

Postby harvester » Sat Jan 21, 2006 4:59 pm

shokin wrote:E, F, G is a list of letters. He had announced A, B, C and D. A the first advice, B the second, etc.

EFG : English For Gentlemen ! :lol:

EFG : English, French, German ! the three languages that can speak easily.

EFG : End, Finish, Goal !

Shokin
Hi Harvester, Illusion, & Shokin...and all
I was happy to see more responses in this interesting post begun by my pal Admiral...(where are you buddy?)
anyway I want to say to harvester the next three letter in the English alphabet were the e the f the g. Shokin is a little confusing for you maybe? (Be nice shokin) hahahah.
You are all so funny and nice. I like this forum very much. I think I will have to not throw the computer out the window anymore. Love everybody. I am doing a book review in amazon.com right now but i will be back.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand,do you mean "step by step"?
harvester
Gold Member

Postby illusion » Sat Jan 21, 2006 10:30 pm

tikay wrote:Hi Harvester, Illusion, & Shokin...and all
anyway I want to say to harvester the next three letter in the English alphabet were the e the f the g. Shokin is a little confusing for you maybe? (Be nice :lol: shokin) hahahah.
You are all so funny and nice. I like this forum very much. I think I will have to not throw the computer out the window anymore. Love everybody. I am doing a book review in amazon.com right now but :wink: i will be back.

it's nice that you joined the forum, Tikay. it really is nice :)
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions