EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Examination

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Examination

Postby kannie » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:17 am

Do u think that examination is a need for students? Recently, Hong Kong students are facing the examination and some of them are even preparing for the public examination. For me, I am one of the students who is going to sit for the public examination in April. It is a hard time since if we can’t pass for the examination, we cannot go to the university. Although there are many other ways for us to choose, like studying the others courses or even working, studying in university is still the first choice for most of the students. Hope all of us can pass the examination and go to the university.
kannie

Postby kamiya » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:33 am

i think examiantion is a need for students n pupils.
at the end of each term, we have an exam. it help us with collecting all the knowledge we've learnt during that term n having a good preparation for the next term.
ayimak
kamiya
Silver Member

Postby Ika » Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:17 pm

Sure, exams are needed, people are lazy by nature, and without exams... I don't believe students will be very willing to learn. I mean, they will not learn all the things needed for curriculum. Of course, we can discuss, how necessery it is to learn everything from curriculum, but still, exam is a real thing which makes us concentrate,learn more serious. Besides, I myself love exams. Yeah,it may sound strange, I know :) but so it is. That's my adrenalin :)
"To know nothing is bad, to learn nothing is worse."
Ika
Silver Member

Postby Masayuki » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:12 pm

I also think that examination is needed for students. Actually, I really think that examination is a kind of pacemaker for students. If examination will be disapeared, many of students negrect to study, I think. I also think that what is the most important for students is to keep studying and learning. I do not want to say study 24 hours a day, study until you die. I just want to say that what can he or she learn through whole life, and get some knowledge. So, studying and take exam should be one of the way to teach these style, I hope. But in Japan, almost all the students seem to think that exam is just for enter University, Highschool, and so on. If these things happen, the merit of exam will be non sence. Don't you think so?
Masayuki
Silver Member

Postby TearHere » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:45 am

Ika wrote:Sure, exams are needed, people are lazy by nature, and without exams... I don't believe students will be very willing to learn. I mean, they will not learn all the things needed for curriculum. Of course, we can discuss, how necessery it is to learn everything from curriculum, but still, exam is a real thing which makes us concentrate,learn more serious. Besides, I myself love exams. Yeah,it may sound strange, I know :) but so it is. That's my adrenalin :)

that's so right :wink: .. and exams before entering a university are given to test ones readiness for university level of learning..that's what i think.....now if a large number of students take the exam, like here in the university i am in.. alot are taking exams, but only a selected few are taken in (especially if there is a specified number of students) because the university wants to maintain the quality of graduates they produce... :? sad for those who can't pass, but it really works... :D
When all else fails..don't stop.
TearHere
Gold Member

Re: Examination

Postby sweethuman » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:19 am

It depends on one's personal efforts and struggles that he/she makes, it is definite when someone studies properly he passes the exam. Never get depressed for exam, be confident and study properly
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Return to Ideas and Opinions