EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Twins- a combination of good and evil

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Twins- a combination of good and evil

Postby MissLT » Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:45 pm

I was talking to my coworkers during our lunch break, and one of them asked me how many kids I wanted to have. I told her 4: two of my own and two I'll adopt. Either giving birth or adopting I still want some twins. She asked me if I knew twins is a combination of good and evil. I asked her what she meant by that. She replied it was because there are always two sides of everything, a good and a bad side. Even within ourselves we have two personalities, a good and a bad one. Thus, she believes twins represent the two sides of things in life. What do you think? Do you agree?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Dixie » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:30 am

That's interesting! It reminded me of my twin neighbors. When we were small, in front of my summer place lived two girl twins with whom we used to play all day long. I remember one of them was very, very mischievious, while the other one was quieter. I always said that one of them was the good one, and the other was the bad one.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby zuhalunus » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:24 pm

I don't agree with you. :?
zuhalunus

Postby Dixie » Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:43 pm

zuhalunus wrote:I don't agree with you. :?

:lol: That's great, but you should say why :D
Dixie

Postby leen@rasel » Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:57 pm

well she said evry person has two personalities good and evil so each one of the twins must have two personalities since they are two different people ..... so i disagree, it seems unlogical to me... :wink:..they might have different characters but we can't say that one represent evil and the other good... :roll:
leen@rasel
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:04 pm

leen@rasel wrote:well she said evry person has two personalities good and evil so each one of the twins must have two personalities since they are two different people ..... so i disagree, it seems unlogical to me... :wink:..they might have different characters but we can't say that one represent evil and the other good... :roll:

I agree, I just told that as an anecdote, of course every person has a distinctive personality :D
Dixie

Postby MissLT » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:51 am

Dixie wrote:That's interesting! It reminded me of my twin neighbors. When we were small, in front of my summer place lived two girl twins with whom we used to play all day long. I remember one of them was very, very mischievious, while the other one was quieter. I always said that one of them was the good one, and the other was the bad one.

Last week I saw two twin Chinese girls with their mother at a restaurant. The girls were sooooooo cute, so I came to their table to make a light conversation, and then I went back to my table. However, I was still watching the girls because they were extremely cute that I couldn't take my eyes off them. You guys know how I love twins, right? :wink: Anyway, I saw one sister was stumping her foot on the other sister's hand. They were sitting across from each other, and one of them just raised her foot and placed it on her sister's hand. The sister said, "let go!" The other sister didn't move. The sister screamed again, "let go!" And nothing happened. She then tried to move her hand herself. The more she was trying, the harder the other sister was pressing her foot on her hand. I think she was in pain because she was crying out loud while trying to move her hand away from the other sister's foot.

Just when I was about to think what kinda mother that woman was that letting her kids treating each other like that, she yelled at one of the twins to let go of her sister's hand. She looked at her mother and stumped her foot really hard on her sister's hand. Then she let go of it. I was shocked. And I think her mother was also shocked since she got a heck of a beating after that.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:57 am

leen@rasel wrote:well she said evry person has two personalities good and evil so each one of the twins must have two personalities since they are two different people ..... so i disagree, it seems unlogical to me... :wink:..they might have different characters but we can't say that one represent evil and the other good... :roll:

Uh huh, but if you think about identical twins. They are from one egg that divided into two; therefore, we could, I think technically, say they are one person with two personalities, right? :?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby leen@rasel » Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:07 pm

but don't you tink that even if they were identical there are some differences in there personalities.....and even if they have the same character .. i think that they will share good and evil
leen@rasel
Gold Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Feb 03, 2006 6:03 am

leen@rasel wrote:but don't you tink that even if they were identical there are some differences in there personalities.....and even if they have the same character .. i think that they will share good and evil

Equally?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions