EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

What can you say about the kind of education nowadays?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby MissLT » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:00 am

I don't really care for sex education classes. I've learned plenty of human sexuality from biology classes and p.....
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Hardi » Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:21 am

Only thing that is need to learn, is how to find answers from internet...
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby shokin » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:45 am

Nowadays education is missing many important values.

En nombre de la liberdad. But I don't think that freedom be or should be the most important value. ?

Where is respect ? respect of each one, respect of rules, respect of dignity.

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby vince90 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:59 pm

shokin wrote:Nowadays education is missing many important values.

En nombre de la liberdad. But I don't think that freedom be or should be the most important value. ?

Where is respect ? respect of each one, respect of rules, respect of dignity.

Shokin

I totally agree with you this one Shokin. In the old days, the first thing they teach kids respect parents, old people and others, but it seems this fading away from schools. Is that something kids have to learn by themselves? I understand parent is the key to teach kids how to respect but schools need to do it as well. I think!
vince90
Platinum Member

Postby quicksilver » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:03 am

Education system in each country is quite different from each other. I dont know how education in your country like , but to me , i don't like education system in my country . :cry:
Pupils are too much passive, they have to learn too hard when they are still small. Lessons are quite tough theories.
About " respect" ,it doesnt only depend on parents or teachers but also society.Nowaday much traditional value is going to be faded away.
quicksilver
Gold Member

Postby FIVER » Tue Mar 21, 2006 8:52 am

Yes, I absolutely agree that respect is diminishing among us and our children. Only a few hold on to traditions that have kept us going for many generations. I'm a little apprehensive about what the future holds for us if we have no values to guide us.
FIVER
Platinum Member

Postby quicksilver » Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:22 am

FIVER wrote:Yes, I absolutely agree that respect is diminishing among us and our children. Only a few hold on to traditions that have kept us going for many generations. I'm a little apprehensive about what the future holds for us if we have no values to guide us.

This is a very difficult question FIVER!
In my country , we are taught : keep our traditional culture . :roll:
quicksilver
Gold Member

Postby kathymimi » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:25 am

quicksilver wrote:Education system in each country is quite different from each other. I dont know how education in your country like , but to me , i don't like education system in my country . :cry:
Pupils are too much passive, they have to learn too hard when they are still small. Lessons are quite tough theories.
About " respect" ,it doesnt only depend on parents or teachers but also society.Nowaday much traditional value is going to be faded away.

I agree with you. the burden of education for students in elementary school and middle school in Asia is usually much heavier than that in Europe or Americas. it's terrible and crazy.
kathymimi

Postby MissLT » Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:16 pm

quicksilver wrote:
FIVER wrote:Yes, I absolutely agree that respect is diminishing among us and our children. Only a few hold on to traditions that have kept us going for many generations. I'm a little apprehensive about what the future holds for us if we have no values to guide us.

This is a very difficult question FIVER!
In my country , we are taught : keep our traditional culture . :roll:

We should. Vietnamese culture has been too westernized.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Previous

Return to Ideas and Opinions