EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you think that the men and women have the equal rights?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby Hardi » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:46 pm

Yes women should stay home, but they should also work. They must be home with men and kids but they must also work in home.. that men can do more important things than work.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby PINA » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:04 pm

Excuse me Hardy but you must have two or more wife if you want all.

I'm agree that women are more skillful than men, but with some limits.
PINA

Postby saopalo » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:59 am

There are 2 ways for women:
First...women like staying at home with their husband and their child..SO they prefer to stay at home like a housewife AS easily
second,,women at business..They don't inspire in family and like to get married<<<<

CHI. TU' OI//EM LA TIN' NE`..HO.C CHUNG LO'P TOEFL VOI' CHI. DO'
saopalo

Postby babara » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:03 pm

I donT agree with that saying. Nowadays most women have ability as men and they can do duty better inside and out also. Women can show to world know outside is their place now.
babara
Platinum Member

Postby jeffcox » Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:07 pm

Does everybody agree that one parent should stay at home?

Danyet is correct in saying that it was WWII that started the revolution of women workers. Really, it started during WWI when there was a really crucial need for nurses. Although it didn't turn into a movement, it opened women's eyes to the possibility. Then WWII just gave them the way to put their desires into practice.

Research has shown that the family environment is a huge factor in such things as violence, crime and education. Divorce, for example, has been on the increase in the UK and the US since WWII... is there a connection with divorce and women working out of the home?

I think that one parent at home is very important; be it the husband or the wife.[/u]
jeffcox
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:06 pm

jeffcox wrote:Does everybody agree that one parent should stay at home?

Why should one parent stay at home in the first place?
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Danyet » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:32 pm

Dixie wrote:
jeffcox wrote:Does everybody agree that one parent should stay at home?

Why should one parent stay at home in the first place?

Maybe so the little brats don't stick their fingers in a light bulb socket or perhaps because they are not potty trained!

So if a parent is not looking after their kids it means:
1. The babies are not receiving adequate nutrition (ie breast milk)

2. The kids are being "looked after" by complete strangers who may or may not have the values that you want for your family.

3. Your children are bonding with someone else. They will are not bonding with you like they should be if you only see them for one hectic hour in the morning and a couple of hours before they go to bed at night.

4. The kid is open to child molestation. And don't think that that it won't happen to your kid!
And once it does happen there is nothing that you can do change things back to the way they used to be. Your child will be permanently scarred and you will be to blame for not providing a proper enviorment for the life that you are responsible for. Trust me, you don't want this heartache so why take the chance?

Do you really think that your life is about you and your career, once you have kids? It's not! It's about the kids.
Last edited by Danyet on Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Dixie » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:37 pm

danyet wrote:
Do you really think that your life is about you and your career, once you have kids? It's not! It's about the kids.

Of course it is, but my point is, none of us should quit our jobs to take care of the kids. About complete strangers taking care of them, no way! That's what grandparents are for :lol: :lol: (provided they are there, of course, which would be another subject...)
Dixie

Postby Danyet » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:54 pm

Your answer falls into category "1".

So, how many kids are the grandparents required to look after? 1 or 2 or 6 or 8?
If everyone gave their kids to their to grandma to look after it could be quite a handful for her. Not everyone has a grandma either.

Sure that's better than complete strangers but it is still not the ideal. Your kids still will not be getting breast milk but I guess your job is more important than a baby's health.

I mean, no one, not even "baby" is going to stop you from earning enough money for that extra High Definition Television Set for the bedroom, are they? Hmmmm?
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Dixie » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:20 pm

I think we're talking about different things, Dave. Of course if the kids are so small as to need breast-feeding I would be around all the time! (plus there's maternity leave). I was talking about a lifetime: Why should one parent stay home and the other work when they both can do it?
Dixie

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions