EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you think that the men and women have the equal rights?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby jeffcox » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:49 am

Women are by far the superior housekeeper. Because men have absolutely no interest in competing for that honour.

What's left for the men... work. Women are proving that they're equally competent in the workplace... and that really pisses the men off!

The workplace was where the men excelled; where he was superior in terms of ability. Women are challenging that role and men have nowhere to go... because nobody wants to look after the home and the kids anymore.

That's why maids and nannys are now the 'surrogate mother' of many modern families.

Both should have equal rights to work outside the home. So, maybe we should ask who will stay home and look after the kids!
jeffcox
Gold Member

Postby PINA » Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:05 am

Perhaps i've untypical family, but in my home i and my husband do homework togheter.
I stop to work at 16.00 p.m. and in the afternoon i help my sons with the study and accompany them in arena then come back at home and do my homework; my husband come at home at 19.00 and play with babies, while i cook a dinner.
After i help the babies to prepare for the night and my husband help me with homework. We are happy and we do togheter sometingh when the babies sleep......
:wink:
PINA

Postby hoanggia » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:42 am

hey heh dot get so easily irritated.Just something to discuss and raise the ideas !!! :lol:
i think it depends on the >>HUsbands.. :roll:
hoanggia
Silver Member

Postby jeffcox » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:32 am

We could always leave the housework and the kids to their grandparents... they have so much free time on their hands... and experience... and they're cheaper than a maid or nanny! :lol:
jeffcox
Gold Member

Postby saopalo » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:01 am

there are 2 ways for woman,I think::
FIrst.women like their husband and baby>>>So they prefer to stay at home than other things
SSecond,they are bussiness women<><><><>< ANd they of course show their ability.talent ore agility in their job..They aren't a good housewife :D\
However.I think women should stay at home..In VN,women must work to improve their life BUT In many developed countries AS USA,ENGLAND....WOmen don't need to work>>>IT's for their husband :shock:
CHi. TU" oi, em LA TIN' NE`>>>>>>> HO.C chung lo'p vo'i chi. do'
saopalo

Postby Dixie » Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:53 pm

saopalo wrote:there are 2 ways for woman,I think::
FIrst.women like their husband and baby>>>So they prefer to stay at home than other things
SSecond,they are bussiness women<><><><>< ANd they of course show their ability.talent ore agility in their job..They aren't a good housewife :D\
However.I think women should stay at home..In VN,women must work to improve their life BUT In many developed countries AS USA,ENGLAND....WOmen don't need to work>>>IT's for their husband :shock:
CHi. TU" oi, em LA TIN' NE`>>>>>>> HO.C chung lo'p vo'i chi. do'

So, according to you, women who have a job don't like their husband and kids?
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Lalee » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:04 pm

I think that saying is stupid.
It's kind of surprising that many people still think that women should stay home while men should only work.
I think it really depends on each person. There are women who prefer staying home and taking care of everything around there. They don't do it because they have do it but they like it and there's nothing wrong with that. There are others who love working and dislike being housewives so they work and if they have children, they manage to take care of them by hiring a babysitter or they have a maid, etc.
As I said before, it really depends on each person. If they have the possibility to do it their way, why not then? Women don't have to become slaves at home just because society tells them to live that way.
Lalee
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Danyet » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:07 pm

Think about this!
In the Western countries (USA, Britain etc) women generally stayed home until World War II. During WWII women had to work at the jobs that the men used to do because all the men were fighting in the Army, Navy etc.
This war is what changed things!
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Lalee » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:11 pm

danyet wrote:Think about this!
In the Western countries (USA, Britain etc) women generally stayed home until World War II. During WWII women had to work at the jobs that the men used to do because all the men were fighting in the Army, Navy etc.
This war is what changed things!

So you're saying that if World War II had never happened, women would continue staying home like they used to?
Lalee
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Danyet » Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:37 pm

I am saying that WWII changed society.

The war brought a tremendous shortage of labor. Not only was there great demand for labor to build up the war machines necessary to fight, but the men were leaving civilian employment for military service in huge numbers. To fill the shortage, society could have gone back to child labor as in the preceding century. Instead, society asked women to fill the jobs (See Rosie the Riveter), and they rushed to take them. Was it patriotism and propaganda that made women find war jobs? Or was it money, independence, companionship, and pride in learning new skills that motivated them? "Women did change. They had gotten the feeling of their own money. Making it themselves. Not asking anybody how to spend it," said Naomi Craig, who was finally able to get a decent job because of the war when industry needed workers, regardless of their sex or color.
It was an emotional time to say the least. There was concern about women taking soldiers' jobs; worry about the effect on the family and anxiety about the breakdown of social values. War and full employment was incredibly liberating for women, but represented deep and provocative change in their traditional roles. The movies reflected this duality. War films like Since You Went Away and Mrs.Miniver showed faithful women doing volunteer work to support the war effort,keeping home fires burning, waiting for their men to return. But shortly after peace time, films like Double Indemnity and Gilda implied that the war had allowed women to "get out of hand," and that the "liberated woman" might be undermining traditional marriage and family.
http://www.stg.brown.edu/projects/WWII_ ... nWWII.html

The war had an impact on women’s history by encouraging thousands of women to work outside the home for the first time, Professor Jane Scimeca told the March 9 Women’s History Month seminar that was sponsored by BCC’s Center for World War II Studies and Conflict

http://atlanticville.gmnews.com/News/20 ... e/018.html

In spite of pressure on women to give up their jobs after the war, the seeds of permanent change had been planted. Women began to question social and economic rules and demand equal access to educational and career options. By the 1980s, women had entered professional schools and careers--including journalism--in record numbers.

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/wcf/wcf0004.html

http://history.sandiego.edu/gen/st/~cg3/outline.html
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions