EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Using games to teach English

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby Arale » Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:54 pm

Playing games in the class always brings students and teachers a relaxing atmosphere. But which games do you often play in the class? And certainly each type of class should have suitable games. Hangman, Bingo, word up, connecting words, roleplay, board slap...are often played in my class. In fact, we always have to create or change new games in teaching to avoid boredom.

Have you ever tried the 'telling a story in two languages' game? It's fun. Divide your class into two or three groups. You will tell a story(better to choose a funny one) to one student in each group in English. Then that student will have to tell the story to his/her groupmate in in his/her mother tongue. Then, turn by turn, they will finish the story in two languages. At the end, the last student of each group will tell the story s/he heard. Normally, they often create a new story instead, which makes fun. But remember, you need to have a room large enough for this kind of game.

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby minik » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:53 am

thank you!your game sounds really entertaining.I'll try all of the games which I've learnt from this forum as soon as possible.
hey people!please keep on describing games which you think effective...
minik

Postby Arale » Sun Oct 01, 2006 2:50 pm

minik wrote:thank you!your game sounds really entertaining.I'll try all of the games which I've learnt from this forum as soon as possible.
hey people!please keep on describing games which you think effective...

That's what I wanted. I really wish to know more games to teach English in the class. Let's share our games here and we can give some comment to perfect our games.

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Re: Using games to teach English

Postby sweethuman » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:45 am

It is a good way, it can be both entertainment and study for the students and the students wont get bored. They will take more intrest in studying
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Previous

Return to Ideas and Opinions