EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

why do people drink alcohol?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby Vega » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:20 am

I was drunk once in my life, at my grandfathers party, there was a policeman(as a quest) and I drunk with him.After that I never drink alcohol :D
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby babara » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:45 am

I dont know and never drunk but I guess that It can make fun and relaxation after work hard in my thinking! :roll:
babara
Platinum Member

Postby bolgoff » Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:05 pm

Oh, it is so pleasantly to drink a bottle or two of cool beer after a work day.
bolgoff

Postby levin » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:29 pm

most of people are like drink when they are unhappy , then they will dirnk much , and think that the wine can help them forget some unhappy things , but they don't know when they wake up , they will be more unhappy , and wine is not good for your health, so i suggest, if you are unhappy , you can do many things , you can sleep , you can listen the music, they are so many ways , but not drink too much ,
levin

Postby larimda » Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:55 pm

Some men get some spirit by reading books. Others get some spirit by talking to friends, getting a lot of social contacts. Others get some spirit by doing their hobby, fullfilling their dream.
But, all these measures are of minor importance, because alcohol is the real spiritdrink.
larimda

Postby Miss. Ladybird » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:53 pm

Shazzam wrote:Live and let live! If a few drinks make some people more social and have a great time, so be it! I feel sorry for people that can't enjoy themselves :!:

I may seem off the topic here, but I don't think my cousin that had been hit in a car accident by a drunk man had enjoyed himself in the intensive care before he died :!: :!:

That man had a few drinks as you said with his friends and then went home in his fancy car, but he is "living" now and he didn't "let" my cousin live.
Miss. Ladybird
Platinum Member

Postby shokin » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:34 pm

Wine is good ! (especially wines from Valais) :mrgreen:

There are some good beers ! (Quebec and Belgium)

Shokin
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby Nu » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:48 am

Shazzam wrote:Live and let live!

Great, ma-a-an ! easy but so precise +)

i don't think to be drunk is so unusual thing to talk about...
Nu
Silver Member

Postby kingapoland » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:28 pm

I think that drinking alkohol is nothing bad! Drinking a bottle of wine or a few beers improves quality of party ;) That's a great fun! You are more relaxed and you don't mind what other people will think
Of course it is negative if you drink too much. I know the girl who is not a virgin now,and she doesn't remember what has she done! What's more driving after alkohol ought to be punished!!!!
kingapoland
Silver Member

Postby MRDRS » Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:34 am

Everybody here in Brazil, mainly in the parties drink wine and beer to feel more relaxe and to enjoy the party with their frinds. And there are many people who drink only to lose the shyness to talk with a girl and make a relation. But all of this it's ok, the problem here with the bevarage it's that many people drink a lot and after, get inside a car... the most accidents here it's because this. :cry:
MRDRS
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions