EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Cosmetic Surgery!

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby Lac » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:08 am

Hello
Reading your email, i think you are still singled and so you seem a little unhappy about why people spend time and money doing something like fixing some weakness on their faces. You are so right saying how a nice person must be funy, good-looking,(to your own view) and more...
The matter looks a bit different when one has a partner. For most of the cases, I often see a pretty common situation: a lady interested in make-up while having a boyfriend. It's a very natural way to refresh and preserve their companionship before the possible love flowering.
Cosmetic surgery lies in a quite higher aspects mostly based on health. The make-up is rather different from cosmetic surgery, which proves the charming attraction toward the partner. After all,it's very OK. Make-up is a way of respecting others in addition to one's real spiritual beauty. The make-up would be meaningless if you were totally uninterested in beautifying your mind and spirit.
Anyway,for most women, it is common knowledge that a girl with bad appearance would be a wretchedness not only for herself but also for her boy friends and ...for the world!, isnt it ? (forgive me, ladies!)
Lac
Silver Member

Postby Oriani » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:59 pm

Mmm, very interesting( and deep) words, Lac!
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

Postby nhuly » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:40 am

Hello Lac!
You and me have a mistake. Making up is not cosmetic surgery. Making up is the way to be more beautiful but it does not effect much to us. But surgery, it brings us a lot of trouble.
My name is Nhuly, I got married and have a 2 year son. My husband like me to make up lightly, but not surgery. I also like to make up, a little on lips, a little on face, a little on eyes...It makes me more confident to contact with others. I will choose suitable clothes with my shape and situations. I think that it is good for me.
nhuly
Silver Member

Postby Oriani » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:02 pm

Nhuly: I'm glad that you think in that way! It's important to mention that surgeries, as you said, bring several troubles; I watched last night on TV that a woman suffered a heart attack after she woke up from the surgery. It depends on the organism and how healthly you are, I think. By other had, make up is great for me. I can't live without it, however it's nice and more beautiful when you look natural and fresh... That's the secret of make up, also!!

It's nice to know that you've got a kid.. cute! :oops:
Oriani

Postby Shazzam » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:38 am

I would have it. I can't see anything wrong with it. If it makes you feel better about yourself and you can afford it why not. I must admit I would never go to he extent that Michael Jackson has; he has had to employ people to follow him around to pick up what is left of his nose.
:lol: :lol:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Ur opinions on plastic surgery

Postby Melek » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:52 am

I wonder ur attitude towards plastic surgery...has anybody had plastic surgery? it's pluses & minuses if u know.pls,let's share...
Melek
Gold Member

Re: Ur opinions on plastic surgery

Postby Dixie » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:01 am

If it's necessary, it's ok. If it's for JUST aesthetic purposes, then I don't see the point of it.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Melek » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:17 am

Dixie,what do you mean by saying 'if it's necessary ' ?
Melek
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:20 am

melek wrote:Dixie,what do you mean by saying 'if it's necessary ' ?

I know a few people who had to undergo cosmetic surgery because of malformations, for example. In those cases, I do think it's good.

But for all of those people who think, I want bigger breasts, or I want to a nosejob, just because I don't like my own body, then it's just a waste of money... maybe not, of course it's nice to feel good with yourself.
Dixie

Postby Melek » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:30 am

well...I'll say from my own experience...when I was a child I fell & broke my nose.It was a little bit turned-up.it really disturbed me...especially when I took photos form profile.it was getting into my nervous,it was going to harm my psychology.a year ago I got all my courage & decided to have a rinoplastic( correction of nose) .I must add that Im afraid of injection.It was a wonder that I decided to do it.& now Im very happy.so I'm not against the plastic surgery.If it makes people beautful & self-confiednt why not ? =)
Melek
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions