EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Cosmetic Surgery!

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby Lac » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:08 am

Hello
Reading your email, i think you are still singled and so you seem a little unhappy about why people spend time and money doing something like fixing some weakness on their faces. You are so right saying how a nice person must be funy, good-looking,(to your own view) and more...
The matter looks a bit different when one has a partner. For most of the cases, I often see a pretty common situation: a lady interested in make-up while having a boyfriend. It's a very natural way to refresh and preserve their companionship before the possible love flowering.
Cosmetic surgery lies in a quite higher aspects mostly based on health. The make-up is rather different from cosmetic surgery, which proves the charming attraction toward the partner. After all,it's very OK. Make-up is a way of respecting others in addition to one's real spiritual beauty. The make-up would be meaningless if you were totally uninterested in beautifying your mind and spirit.
Anyway,for most women, it is common knowledge that a girl with bad appearance would be a wretchedness not only for herself but also for her boy friends and ...for the world!, isnt it ? (forgive me, ladies!)
Lac
Silver Member

Postby Oriani » Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:59 pm

Mmm, very interesting( and deep) words, Lac!
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

Postby nhuly » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:40 am

Hello Lac!
You and me have a mistake. Making up is not cosmetic surgery. Making up is the way to be more beautiful but it does not effect much to us. But surgery, it brings us a lot of trouble.
My name is Nhuly, I got married and have a 2 year son. My husband like me to make up lightly, but not surgery. I also like to make up, a little on lips, a little on face, a little on eyes...It makes me more confident to contact with others. I will choose suitable clothes with my shape and situations. I think that it is good for me.
nhuly
Silver Member

Postby Oriani » Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:02 pm

Nhuly: I'm glad that you think in that way! It's important to mention that surgeries, as you said, bring several troubles; I watched last night on TV that a woman suffered a heart attack after she woke up from the surgery. It depends on the organism and how healthly you are, I think. By other had, make up is great for me. I can't live without it, however it's nice and more beautiful when you look natural and fresh... That's the secret of make up, also!!

It's nice to know that you've got a kid.. cute! :oops:
Oriani

Postby Shazzam » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:38 am

I would have it. I can't see anything wrong with it. If it makes you feel better about yourself and you can afford it why not. I must admit I would never go to he extent that Michael Jackson has; he has had to employ people to follow him around to pick up what is left of his nose.
:lol: :lol:
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Ur opinions on plastic surgery

Postby Melek » Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:52 am

I wonder ur attitude towards plastic surgery...has anybody had plastic surgery? it's pluses & minuses if u know.pls,let's share...
Melek
Gold Member

Re: Ur opinions on plastic surgery

Postby Dixie » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:01 am

If it's necessary, it's ok. If it's for JUST aesthetic purposes, then I don't see the point of it.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Melek » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:17 am

Dixie,what do you mean by saying 'if it's necessary ' ?
Melek
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:20 am

melek wrote:Dixie,what do you mean by saying 'if it's necessary ' ?

I know a few people who had to undergo cosmetic surgery because of malformations, for example. In those cases, I do think it's good.

But for all of those people who think, I want bigger breasts, or I want to a nosejob, just because I don't like my own body, then it's just a waste of money... maybe not, of course it's nice to feel good with yourself.
Dixie

Postby Melek » Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:30 am

well...I'll say from my own experience...when I was a child I fell & broke my nose.It was a little bit turned-up.it really disturbed me...especially when I took photos form profile.it was getting into my nervous,it was going to harm my psychology.a year ago I got all my courage & decided to have a rinoplastic( correction of nose) .I must add that Im afraid of injection.It was a wonder that I decided to do it.& now Im very happy.so I'm not against the plastic surgery.If it makes people beautful & self-confiednt why not ? =)
Melek
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions