EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

A society of no police?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

A society of no police?

Postby MissLT » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:02 am

Could you live in a society that had no police at all? Could it be possible for this kinda society happened?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Vega » Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:56 pm

No. I think that police is an integral part of any developed society which keep law and order and prevent
chaos in the street. For example, what would you do if someone is going to steal your car? I'm sure you'd call police :). But, yes there are societies which still live without a police ( and lots of things :))...for example- a tribe. Could you live in a tribe?..( :lol:)
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby niceghost » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:30 pm

i think this kind of society used to exist. Of course i was not there but through the chinese old movie u can see that. Without police,without laws. To win u must be the strongest. So i think im lucky because im not in that place( im not a spiderman or Jackie Chan)
Lennye if u want to live in such that society, u better pratice your kungfu now :D
niceghost
Silver Member

Postby sunsun » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:41 am

Hi niceghost,
I'm sure that you have misled by the movies. Movies are just Movies!
In ancient, there were polices and laws in china. The Chinese kungfu is true, but exaggerated in the films.
sunsun
Silver Member

Postby Vega » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:22 am

niceghost wrote:i think this kind of society used to exist. Of course i was not there but through the chinese old movie u can see that. Without police,without laws. To win u must be the strongest. So i think im lucky because im not in that place( im not a spiderman or Jackie Chan)
Lennye if u want to live in such that society, u better pratice your kungfu now :D

By the way, have you ever heard about Bruce Lee? Was He
a chinese or japanice ? He was a God of fighting, I always admire that man.
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby niceghost » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:55 am

Bruce Lee is a chinese american. i just find out, very reliable. Many people admire him, i know he was very talented and he was the first asian who made a foundation for chinese martial arts to the non chinese world, but im sorry i prefer Jackie Chan. Jackie is my unique idol untill now.
I like funny movie more than tragic. Bruce Lee is a hero but his films make u sad more than funny.
maybe men find it exciting to fight with each other till blood flood.
niceghost
Silver Member

Postby kingapoland » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:16 pm

In my opinion police is extremaly imprortant nowadays. On the other hand I think that police in my country is terrible! They will do nothing if sb steal your car. Every teenager knows where we can buy drugs or stolen mobiles. That's not a problem here. Police only write your name on the piece of paper if you will be in the city at midnight. That's my opinion ,young person's point of view
kingapoland
Silver Member

Postby MissLT » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:25 am

niceghost wrote:Lennye if u want to live in such that society, u better pratice your kungfu now :D

I hate police, but I don't think I would prefer a society without them. No security, no life!
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Tora » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:02 pm

I do always feel unsafe if there is a couple of policemen around me, I don´t like beefy ones but unfortunately they are more like to be rule than an exception :roll: they rarely go in for sports for sure. I feel I can easily be taken to prison just for being myself, I was vey disgusted when at the age of 14 I was checked comletely to my shoes when we were visiting a soccer match with my dad, I was embarassed and felt ashamed :( But I would never like to be left in this country without any law at all and the police as in this or that way an arm of the law
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby mamuta » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:34 am

kingapoland wrote:Police only write your name on the piece of paper if you will be in the city at midnight.

unfortunately, I agree...but I remember that several years ago they were more rude and felt unpunished...but I think we still need a police :?
mamuta
Gold Member

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions