EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.


What is your idea of a real friend...?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

What is your idea of a real friend...?

Postby gem » Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:26 pm

Hi everyone...we all have friends but we have some few trusted friends....for me real friends are those you can trust and rely on during hard times...a shoulder to cry on and someone to share your happy moments too......did you find your REAL friend/friends?
gem
Silver Member
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:02 pm

Re: What is your idea of a real friend...?

Postby Krisi » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:38 pm

gem wrote:Hi everyone...we all have friends but we have some few trusted friends....for me real friends are those you can trust and rely on during hard times...a shoulder to cry on and someone to share your happy moments too......did you find your REAL friend/friends?


I think you can be an ideal friend! :wink:
User avatar
Krisi
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 3696
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Location: house
Status: English Learner

Postby gem » Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:42 pm

You think so? well we can be reeeeeeeeeel friends!
gem
Silver Member
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:02 pm

Postby Krisi » Wed Dec 05, 2007 5:12 pm

Am I not happy to know that? Thanks...
User avatar
Krisi
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 3696
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Location: house
Status: English Learner

Postby Tora » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:01 pm

those you can keep silent with if you don't want to talk, and no one will feel hurt
I can't find whose words it is but the idea is very close
User avatar
Tora
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1611
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:57 pm
Location: Moscow
Status: Other

Postby Hardi » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:44 pm

Tora wrote:those you can keep silent with if you don't want to talk, and no one will feel hurt
I can't find whose words it is but the idea is very close
I know what u mean. I won't be your friend, because I prefer to say rude things without hurting you too much, than being quiet without hurting my self. :twisted:
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1865
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm
Location: European Union
Status: Other

Postby Melek » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:47 am

for me a real friend is someone who is my half,my nearest person to trust all my secrets ,all my trouble,he/she mustn't be with me only in my happy minutes,but when I suffer,when I'm hurt,when I feel blues he/she must be with me,must support me..I think Im a such friend :oops:
Melek
Gold Member
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:28 am
Location: AZERBAIJAN,BAKU city
Status: English Learner

Re: What is your idea of a real friend...?

Postby Vega » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:42 am

gem wrote:Hi everyone...we all have friends but we have some few trusted friends....for me real friends are those you can trust and rely on during hard times...a shoulder to cry on and someone to share your happy moments too......did you find your REAL friend/friends?


I had a good friend in high school, but since I've finished high school four years ago I rarely see him. Now I hardly can say I've got a good/real friend, actually, for most people a real friend is someone whom they trust things like secrets, etc. but as for me everyone I know I consider as friends and frankly speaking I've got no secrets or things like that to have a real friend or someone to rely on, I always rely on myself and I don't think I need someone to cry on shoulder because all what happens with me stays with me...but on the other hand it's very important sometimes to have somebody to drink a bear with. :P


melek wrote:for me a real friend is someone who is my half,my nearest person to trust all my secrets ,all my trouble,he/she mustn't be with me only in my happy minutes,but when I suffer,when I'm hurt,when I feel blues he/she must be with me,must support me..I think Im a such friend :oops:


and as I suppose that your half could be only a female friend, right? :)
User avatar
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
 
Posts: 2512
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:59 pm
Status: English Learner

Postby =Ahmad= » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:50 am

Good friends are those who are ready to correct and advice us when we do wrong doings.

Good friends are those who support us when we do right doings.
=Ahmad=
Silver Member
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:43 am
Location: at work

Re: What is your idea of a real friend...?

Postby Melek » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:44 pm

Xkalibur wrote:
I had a good friend in high school, but since I've finished high school four years ago I rarely see him. Now I hardly can say I've got a good/real friend, actually, for most people a real friend is someone whom they trust things like secrets, etc. but as for me everyone I know I consider as friends and frankly speaking I've got no secrets or things like that to have a real friend or someone to rely on, I always rely on myself and I don't think I need someone to cry on shoulder because all what happens with me stays with me...but on the other hand it's very important sometimes to have somebody to drink a bear with. :P


melek wrote:for me a real friend is someone who is my half,my nearest person to trust all my secrets ,all my trouble,he/she mustn't be with me only in my happy minutes,but when I suffer,when I'm hurt,when I feel blues he/she must be with me,must support me..I think Im a such friend :oops:


and as I suppose that your half could be only a female friend, right? :)



not exactly female one...



about ur post ,Ex.u say that everyone whom u know is ur friend.so u consider everyone ur friend?? queer :) maybe they are familiar person,but not friends (znakomie, a ne druz'ya) & believe me u always need to share ur trouble with somebody..I dont mean to cry on smb's shoulder as u mentioned above...but feel smb's support & understanding
Melek
Gold Member
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:28 am
Location: AZERBAIJAN,BAKU city
Status: English Learner

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests