EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Job for English's leaner.

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Job for English's leaner.

Postby mybikiny » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:20 am

I heard someone tell me that "English is not a job, it's only tool for you to get a good job" :shock: and i am wondering if your major is English,what do you think about it. Learn another thing to support for your Englsih's major or keep learning English . Tell me your opinion. :|
mybikiny
Silver Member

Re: Job for English's leaner.

Postby Dixie » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:44 am

I've got a degree in English Philology, and now I'm an English teacher. I teach English, but I also learn at the same time. It's difficult to master a language that is not your mother tongue, especially when that language is not official in the place you live and you don't get the chance to practise it every day. That's why I keep learning.

Of course English is not a job, it's a language :D I agree with that saying of yours: "English is not a job, it's only tool for you to get a good job". Nowadays, the more languages you speak, the better, and if one of them is English, great.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Vega » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:08 pm

mybikiny wrote:I heard someone tell me that "English is not a job, it's only tool for you to get a good job" :shock: and i am wondering if your major is English,what do you think about it. Learn another thing to support for your Englsih's major or keep learning English . Tell me your opinion. :|

English isn't my major and that proverb can be applicable on/to me. If English is your major, I think you can work as a teacher and don't need learn something else. However, if you're a top manager of a big company, you will have to also learn some Asian languages, Chinese for instance. That's because it's economy is fast growing and a lot of western companies prefers to concentrate their businesses there due to they don't have to pay higher salary for local people.
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Bambang » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:00 pm

I wish the international language were not English.
We're all friends, right?
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member

Postby sweets » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:20 am

what u suggest to be insteadof English uncle :roll:
دخلت حياتي كنسمة وخرجت منها كإعصار
sweets
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Melek » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:19 pm

yes,English is my major,my faculty at the University where I study.English is not the job for me,it's the object of my study.After graduation I will work& use it& I'll get money from it,then English will be my job))
Melek
Gold Member

Postby sweets » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:33 pm

well melek
iam also student of english and it's my major but when when i get a job english is only a gate to find a job except if i continue my master in english litrature. may be iam going to be be a lecturer who knows :roll:

good evening ever body
دخلت حياتي كنسمة وخرجت منها كإعصار
sweets
Rough Diamond Member

Postby mybikiny » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:14 am

And what's about salary :D . Do you think of big salary while you are working as English's teacher :cry: . Or the love with your major :D . Tell me more :roll: .
mybikiny
Silver Member

Postby Dixie » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:17 am

mybikiny wrote:And what's about salary :D . Do you think of big salary while you are working as English's teacher :cry: . Or the love with your major :D . Tell me more :roll: .

Teachers have a good salary in my country, but the work is no piece of cake. However, I've heard that in other countries, like China, teachers have a quite low salary.
Dixie

Postby Bambang » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:49 pm

sweets wrote:what u suggest to be insteadof English uncle :roll:

I would create my own language if I still had the time.
We're all friends, right?
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions