EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

A title for my first English book

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

A title for my first English book

Postby nuni » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:00 am

Dear friends,

I'm writing an English book for children right now, but still haven't found the right title for my book. It's my first book, actually. And I think a title is very important. The book is for primary school, aged 6-12 years old. It contains many kinds of interesting activities (to improve reading, writing, and vocabularies). So, it's supplementary book. Can you give me some ideas for the title of my book? What do you think if the title is "Fun Time with English"? I have to give the book to the publisher on 27th March.

Thank you for help.
nuni

Re: A title for my first English book

Postby nessma » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:17 pm

:roll: may ( let us learn ) or ( smile & learn ) :idea: :-D
nessma
Silver Member

Postby shokin » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:11 pm

We haven't read your book, your (success :mrgreen: ) story. Consequently we can't find a title and say "This is the perfect title !". {-:

When I write a text ("How long is it ?" doesn't matter, according to me) I first write it, I get into the story... as deeply as I can... and only at the end of the story... I digest it... and I try to find a title. I cannot find a relevant title if I haven't lived my story. [For example : I can't live my story if I write it only for money. :lol: ]

So... as you can see... the path to the title of the story is my last path.

I will add some things - maybe they will help you - how I choose a title :

- differenciation : I intensively think about "Who is the lector (I want him/her to be) ?"
- effect/style : "Which effect do I want to provoc into the heart and the mind of the reader ?" [lector = reader, scusami]
- spontaneity : My title must be found/created spontanly... not by a too rational/methodic way/reasoning

And I test it... I read the title... I read the book again... does it fit ??? if no, find another title !

PS : We cannot read the book at your place. ;-)

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby sweets » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:00 pm

fun and learn
دخلت حياتي كنسمة وخرجت منها كإعصار
sweets
Rough Diamond Member

Return to Ideas and Opinions