EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Prostitution legalisation

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Prostitution legalisation

Postby kyka » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:53 am

This is the topic of the debates where I should be supporting an opinion of legalisation of prostitution. So I whant to be prepare to any and all possible points of view, which could rise during the dispute. Please live your comments, don't be indifferent to this problem, I think everyone has what to say about it. In my opinion every country is fased today with this problem ona way or another.... So I promis to inform you about the results of the debates)))))
kyka

Re: Prostitution legalisation

Postby Player » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:27 pm

What exactly is the motion? Please give the exact wording of the topic that you have to defend. For example, is the motion: "This house believes that prostitution should be legal"? Or does it go into more detail?

Note that you have revealed your personal opinion immediately by using the word "problem". Not everybody believes that prostitution is a problem. It may be society's reaction to prostitution that is the problem.

Also, you say: "every country is faced today with this problem." This suggests that prostitution is something new. In fact it is often described as "the world's oldest profession".

You might also make clear whether the motion for debate mentions just "prostitution" or talks about males, females, children etc.
Player

Postby kyka » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:48 pm

Player wrote:What exactly is the motion? Please give the exact wording of the topic that you have to defend. For example, is the motion: "This house believes that prostitution should be legal"? Or does it go into more detail?

Note that you have revealed your personal opinion immediately by using the word "problem". Not everybody believes that prostitution is a problem. It may be society's reaction to prostitution that is the problem.

Also, you say: "every country is faced today with this problem." This suggests that prostitution is something new. In fact it is often described as "the world's oldest profession".

You might also make clear whether the motion for debate mentions just "prostitution" or talks about males, females, children etc.

Thank you, I will try to make it more clear(if i manage)
Yes there would be two groops of people. I will be among those who belive that legalisation will bring a lot of profits, and will have to prove that. Reaction of the siciety is not a problem, the problem is the way it is exists( dirty bordels, absenation of the health insuarance, and rights. Not to speak of the amounts of the money wich are lost not getting to the economy of the country. The problem is vigilanteism and violence of the pimps and criminal elements among whom prostitutes have no any rights). In frase "every country is faced with such problems" I was trying to say that there are a lot of people who didn't want to accept those facts and prefer to think that it is not a problem of his/her country.
kyka

Postby Danyet » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:18 am

It is not the governments business how i acquire my vast quantity of sexual exploits! If have to pay for them with small quantities of cash, that's not their problem. If I have to pay for them by pretending that I am a super nice guy and buy them dinner then that's not their problem either.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby MissLT » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:19 pm

I've been reading Half the Sky. There's one part in that book talking about how Amsterdam and Sweden have different methods to solve prostitution.

Here it is at wikipedia,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Sweden

Sweden's method seems to work more efficiently.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Return to Ideas and Opinions