EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Contrast between parents' attitude and yours

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Contrast between parents' attitude and yours

Postby mollyyang » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:16 pm

Sometimes, parents and their children may have some different ideas and attitudes toward something, like money, studies or time management. My parents and I usually argue about prices at food or clothes, for I think the price is resonable while they think the price is too expensive. Have you ever met this kind of situation that your parents have different attitudes toward something? And what's the difference or big contrast between your parent's attitude and yours?

I will be glad if you can share your experience and opinion with me.
{-:
mollyyang

Re: Contrast between parents' attitude and yours

Postby alawton » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:04 pm

My parents seem to think that their son should live close to them. They don't understand why I would move half way across the country. Even though they realize that my job is here in Texas, they want me to move back to Boston. Not going to happen...

Andrew Lawton
http://drewseslfluencylessons.com
alawton
Silver Member

Re: Contrast between parents' attitude and yours

Postby rabbill » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:00 pm

I usually have these kind of discussions with my parents when we have different opinions about something. It is not always easy to convaince them that they are wrong. Normally, they have a lot of experience in life and then they think sometimes that we don't know what is good or what is bad. They are afraid we make wrong decisions.
rabbill

Return to Ideas and Opinions