EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

What do you think about making tattoo?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

What do you think about making tattoo?

Postby yoshiko » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:09 am

This is story of school English teacher. He comes from Australia. One day he went to the onsen ,a Japanese hot spring, with friends. But he could not enter the onsen. Because he has a tattoo on his shoulder. He was surprised and angry. He says many people wear tattoos in Australia. It is popular in Australia. In Japan, few people have tattoos. I do not want to put a tattoo. Because It is painful and can not be deleted. What do you think about making tattoo? Do you want to make a tattoo?
yoshiko

Re: What do you think about making tattoo?

Postby Vega » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:04 pm

What is onsen?
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Hardi » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:23 pm

Onsen is Japanese Hot-spring. But it can refer also bathing facilities and ins around the hot springs..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onsen

I would like to go also to a onsen one day.. To a open air onsen with good view.. Maybe to a mixed one with monkeys :lol:
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Vega » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:06 pm

yoshiko wrote:What do you think about making tattoo? Do you want to make a tattoo?

I think it's OK. I don't tolerate when a government tries to retain old-fashioned values. In my country, something similar to this happens. Another case is in Russia (my cousin lives there), people are getting free to express themselves and behave they way they want.
However, I don't have a tattoo, because I think some my old-fashioned in outlook relatives would scold me and so on..

Freedom in general may be defined as the absence of obstacles to the realization of desires".
(Bertrand Russell)
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Return to Ideas and Opinions