EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

How to know the right direction for your life?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

How to know the right direction for your life?

Postby MaryWalker » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:32 am

I saw many adults strugglying for their job and future. They survive but they may not enjoy the life. If parents themselves have not ever been experienced a successful life, how can they help their chlidren to find the right direction for their lives. How to know whether you are in the right direction of your life? Please share some of your thoughts and experiences, thank you.
MaryWalker

Re: How to know the right direction for your life?

Postby Vega » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:42 pm

MaryWalker wrote:How to know whether you are in the right direction of your life?

An advice from a man who lived that life path can be a proof, a good example. However, one should be a little careful about the advices related to which profession to opt for the future as the industries' needs changes from time to time along with work-force. :-?
Commonly, if you feel satisfied for who you are and what you do, it's OK then! But basically, there cannot be a general right direction in the life. Different people, different ambitions and ways to succeed endeavours.

MaryWalker wrote:Please share some of your thoughts and experiences, thank you.

Honestly speaking, my parents aren't successful people. Therefore, it was difficult to me to choose a university and a profession during high school. I had no idea what's going on around me. My mother used to tell me (and still) that it's up to me/ it depends on me. I so hate when anything depends on me, however, later the life proved so..
Fortunately, my uncle is a quite successful person. I took his advice about education/profession, and I don't regret. Also, some my lectures helped me too with their advices..Special thanks to English Club too for the clear insight into English language.
That was a bit of my experience..Thanks!
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby MaryWalker » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:32 pm

If one day you have a kid, will you follow your parents' way or will you try something different which you think will be better for the kid?
MaryWalker

Postby Vega » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:32 pm

MaryWalker wrote:If one day you have a kid, will you follow your parents' way or will you try something different which you think will be better for the kid?

I will ask my beautiful wife first. :mrgreen:
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby MaryWalker » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:21 am

So, how's your wife's advice? What old experiences she thought you can adapt for your next generation, what areas you and she agreed to take adventure with your kid. What's the core value you tend to plant into the heart of your kid? :-(
MaryWalker

Return to Ideas and Opinions