EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Can you find your house using Windows Live Map?

Everything IT: computers, software, internet

Moderators: Vega, Dixie

Postby Dixie » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:09 pm

Hardi wrote:That's not their fault, that they are unclear. Those are all fingerprints on those maps, that makes it unclear to read.. all sticky with chocolate.. how can someone be so careless, holding map with dirty fingers... Now I hate Dixie more than ever.

:shock: I don't know what you're talking about, but you already hated me anyway, so I don't care.

BTW if someday you want to tell me the reason of your hatred, go ahead, I'll be pleased.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby MissLT » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:14 pm

vince90 wrote:Actually it is not a live picture. It may be 5 years ago in the early winter. The house and the back yard look much better now. It has been improved since then.

It cannot be. :shock: The picture is supposed to be "live." They recorded your IP and took it with the satellite they hang somewhere up there in space.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Cypress » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:03 pm

Wow, that’s pretty cool.
Here is my apartment complex and my building is on the upper left from the round swimming pool.
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&c ... &encType=1
Cypress
Gold Member

Postby vince90 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:06 pm

LennyeTran wrote:
vince90 wrote:Actually it is not a live picture. It may be 5 years ago in the early winter. The house and the back yard look much better now. It has been improved since then.

It cannot be. :shock: The picture is supposed to be "live." They recorded your IP and took it with the satellite they hang somewhere up there in space.

It is true Lenny. Most the trees in my back yard were gone. Infact, the trees and grass in my area are green now.
vince90
Platinum Member

Postby MissLT » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:10 pm

When was the last time you used the site? It seems like they recorded your IP and the address you're looking for, then the image won't change no matter how many times you try to check it up again. It happens to me. I guess it's only "live" at the first moment you check it.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby vince90 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:12 pm

LennyeTran wrote:When was the last time you used the site? It seems like they recorded your IP and the address you're looking for, then the image won't change no matter how many times you try to check it up again. It happens to me. I guess it's only "live" at the first moment you check it.

The first time I use this site was the day you posted this topic. The last day I use this site is today and the picture is the same. It happens the same when I use google earth.
vince90
Platinum Member

Postby Hardi » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:29 pm

Actually saying truth, I have newer seen that page, since we are enemies, me my self(big strong and smart Hard-i) and tiny little Micro-soft. That thing, redirect me to http://intl.local.live.com/ when I try to open any of those link u guys post here. So it's total garbage, it's not just that it made by M$, but it's made so poorly that they don't courage to show it to me. They afraid, that I would laugh to them.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:27 pm

vince90 wrote:
LennyeTran wrote:When was the last time you used the site? It seems like they recorded your IP and the address you're looking for, then the image won't change no matter how many times you try to check it up again. It happens to me. I guess it's only "live" at the first moment you check it.

The first time I use this site was the day you posted this topic. The last day I use this site is today and the picture is the same. It happens the same when I use google earth.

:shock: This is really bizarre. I wonder if this means the satellite in your area is not working, then. That's why you can only receive old images that are already there in the system.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:28 pm

Hardi wrote:Actually saying truth, I have newer seen that page, since we are enemies, me my self(big strong and smart Hard-i) and tiny little Micro-soft. That thing, redirect me to http://intl.local.live.com/ when I try to open any of those link u guys post here. So it's total garbage, it's not just that it made by M$, but it's made so poorly that they don't courage to show it to me. They afraid, that I would laugh to them.

Did you check your area? :?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:22 pm

Well Google Earth has been updated and now my house is perfectly visible, but not on Google Maps...
Dixie

PreviousNext

Return to Information Technology